Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a set of (255/75/R17 BFG Mud Terrains) Rubicon take offs for my 2012 Wrangler 2dr Sport (OEM 16" steel's).

I am having trouble finding what the correct tire pressure should be at. Is there some sort of pressure calculator? The sidewall states no more then 50 psi cold. What is a good pressure to run for on-road conditions in my vehicle?

Thanks in advance, Jay

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
well you can't be running 16in wheels with a tire meant for 17in wheels. So guessing you are now running the 17in Moabs? instead of the 16in steelies that came with your Jeep?

28-33 psi is where you should be at..

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Actually the correct PSI is 37, that's what is on the door sticker of a Rubicon.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the correct PSI is 37, that's what is on the door sticker of a Rubicon.
Thank you kindly!! Just the information I needed.

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Thanks for the correction.. I thought that I might have been a low on the numbers

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
ok found it says 35. so far i checked my tires all seem to still be 35psi and i have 2500 miles on the car. :) and the warning light for the car hasnt come on yet either.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
37 seems high for the stock Rubi tires........ just sayin'

·
Registered
873 Posts
37 seems high for the stock Rubi tires........ just sayin'
Perspective...

My car is 35 and 39, my bike is 36 and 42...

Alternatively, the Army saw fit to stencil 36 and 42 on the side of my unit's HMMWVs.

37 doesn't seem like that much to me...

·
Registered
615 Posts
just had my tires rotated today they are off of a 2012 rubicon 255/70/17 BFG MTs right on the sidewall it states 60PSI cold even the tire guy comented it seemed high and he left all 4 at 58PSI they do say 60psi cold could they be mislabeld???????????????

·
Registered
615 Posts
to correct myself 255/75/17 and they are off of a 2012 rubi any way this could cause my bad gas mileage Im open to sugestions?????????????????????Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
The tire pressure on the tire itself is the maximum pressure (and maximum load) the tire is capable of handling; it is not the recommended tire pressure for your vehicle. That pressure is usually on a sticker near the drivers door sill.

·
Registered
754 Posts
The tire pressure on the tire itself is the maximum pressure (and maximum load) the tire is capable of handling; it is not the recommended tire pressure for your vehicle. That pressure is usually on a sticker near the drivers door sill.
^^ this. I run my 285/70/17s at 38 PSI on road, 18 on rocks or sand

·
Registered
873 Posts
just had my tires rotated today they are off of a 2012 rubicon 255/70/17 BFG MTs right on the sidewall it states 60PSI cold even the tire guy comented it seemed high and he left all 4 at 58PSI they do say 60psi cold could they be mislabeld???????????????
I'd have some real concerns if the folks mounting and balancing my tires didn't know how to read the writing on the sidewall. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
171 Posts
p255/75r17 owl on/off-road tires 17-inch aluminum wheels

is 35 psi correct for normal driving? my door pannel said 35 cold only it doesnt say anything about normal.. but i assume its the same

·
Registered
336 Posts
p255/75r17 owl on/off-road tires 17-inch aluminum wheels

is 35 psi correct for normal driving? my door pannel said 35 cold only it doesnt say anything about normal.. but i assume its the same
the 35 listed on your door is "normal"....the "cold" listed on your door just means that's what the pressure should be after the tires have sat and cooled down (tires warm up when driving)...it doesn't have to do with outside air temp.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
After reading this thread I just want to put a gun to my head.....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts