Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically for the Nitto Ridge Grappler in 285/75R17 C. I just got these in and they'll be mounted on Saturday. Max pressure is listed as 50lbs, but I doubt I'll be running them at max on a day to day basis. So...for those of you with these tires...what pressure did you end up running? 45? 40? I'll experiment a bit and see what I like, but if you guys can suggest a starting place I'd appreciate it.

They'll be on a mostly stock '15 JK Rubicon with a 2"spring spacer. No real lift (yet). No heavy bumpers (yet).

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
like above start 28-30. try the 10% rule. if cold psi rises 10% when fully warmed up ie 10 miles of driving 60mph or so than you are good to go. So if start at 30psi cold you should see 33 psi after 10 miles. People will mention to do a chalk test but I have never had luck doing that as it has shown good from 15psi up to over 40 psi. heck on a a light 2 door you could probably be at 25psi.

Reactions: Leadnut

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have these same tires and also had a 2” spacer lift for half their life and I rode around 31lbs. Seemed perfect for me and have even wear after 38k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Specifically for the Nitto Ridge Grappler in 285/75R17 C. I just got these in and they'll be mounted on Saturday. Max pressure is listed as 50lbs, but I doubt I'll be running them at max on a day to day basis. So...for those of you with these tires...what pressure did you end up running? 45? 40? I'll experiment a bit and see what I like, but if you guys can suggest a starting place I'd appreciate it.

They'll be on a mostly stock '15 JK Rubicon with a 2"spring spacer. No real lift (yet). No heavy bumpers (yet).
I've been running your tires for over a year now. I started at 28 cold but found 30 gave me better traction (city driving/cornering). I'm going to push the pressure up to 33 cold for the run to Albuquerque tomorrow. Just to see how the handling changes.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Thanks. That gives me a good starting place.

Lookin’ good! Check your tire pressure after you leave the tire place, they may jack you up to 40.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
My son is doing all the work. If there's one guy in the world I trust... It's him.
yup tell him if he scratches the rims no turkey dinners for him.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lookin’ good! Check your tire pressure after you leave the tire place, they may jack you up to 40.
2nd that! I would go 33lbs at first and work down from there. You will need a procal to adjust your tpms so your alarm wont go off.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Once you go low there is no going back!

·
Registered
305 Posts
The 50 would likely be the max pressure. I ran my 285/70s & my 265/75s at ~30psi.

Along with the '10% rule', you can also try the 'chalk test' for your pressure. You need chalk & a longish straight place. (Many have said that mall carparks at night are good, flat places to try this.) You put a chalk line across the tyres & then drive straight along. Check the lines. Best done with warm tyres.

If worn off in middle, but still on the edge, pressure is too high. Worn on edges, but middle still there, pressure too low.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nice wheels.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm currently running 32 psi with brand new 35x12.5R17 Ridge Grapplers. May end up going lower. When I brought it home from the shop they had 42 in them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts