Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rotated my tires for the first time at 5,200 miles . 5 tire rotation.
Two questions. I took a ride and the tire sensor lite up , do I just check all tires, no idea how to tell by the lit which tire it is?
I have nitro from the dealer in the tires, is it ok to air just air? Last question. On the door it calls for 35psi front and rear. Tires are 225x7516. . Thanks, Tom

·
Registered
465 Posts
My guess is that the low one was the tire from the carrier. Check them all to be sure. 35 should be fine. And, yes, adding air to nitrogen is ok..not worth another nitro charge for one small add. No way to tell for sure which is low as it only indicated one of the four are below tolerances.
Troy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Troy,
Checked and set all tires to what my gauge read as 32.5psi, my compressor labored to get it at that psi, I checked it with another gauge it was close to 35psi. I took a short ride and it cleared the warning light . Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is my first time with nitrogen tires. I just got my Jeep on Wednesday...and on the way home the pressure light went on. The next day I went back to the dealership and they checked...and refilled the lower tire. And one the way home the pressure light went on again. I think I'm just going to have to live with the annoyance of having the pressure light on...

·
Registered
196 Posts
... or you have a leak in your (former) spare?

·
Registered
545 Posts
First Time

That exact thing happened to me. I had my tires rotated (5 tire) and when I was driving home, the light came on. My evic system told me which tire it was but it said my left front was 34 lbs and needed to be 35. I had been running my tires at 32 for the first 5,000 miles with no problems. Weird. Anyway, since I put a lift and larger tires on my Jeep, my MPH was way off and also when I lowered my tires to say 20 lbs for off-roading, the light would go on.

Do yourself a favor a get an AEV ProCal. This will remedy your problem for both events mentioned above plus a lot more things.

·
Registered
86 Posts
My tires are all brand new. Should I be worried? Just ignore the light? Provided that the tires are not actually 'low'?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The light is coming on for a reason. This is a brand new Jeep, stock with stock tires. I also have Nitro (yay) and haven't had that problem.

What does the EVIC display say, how much pressure do you have in each tire? I would then confirm with a hand-held pressure gauge to be certain. If the tire pressure gauge matches the EVIC display, and they're between 35 and 39 psi, then there's something else wrong with the TPMS.

I only say 35-39 because I know that's what my tires have been since I bought mine in March, and like you, I have nitro in my tires. Apparently the dealership does it for all new purchases. Didn't know that until I got a text message to my cell signing me up for reminders. I was like, WTF is this? The dealership had my cell # and email addy on file and I got signed up for reminders and what not with NitroFill. No cost to me, but no idea how long I get the service.

Anyway getting back... if the light is coming on, the computer is thinking something is wrong. For all we know, it could be a faulty sensor on one of the tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts