Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a set of 16" steel rims off a JK (not sure what year) and will eventually put these on my '97 TJ project. The steel wheels each have the tire pressure sensors installed.

Is there any value to these (i.e, can I try and sell them), or are they sync'd to the vehicle they came from?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
They are year dependent so you should try and figure out the year and maybe you can sell them locally or on flea bay if you want. There is value in everything but do a little research as to what they are going for in your area first. I don't remember what years are what but its out there somewhere. Without knowing what year they came off of you are kind of hosed in selling them.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
If you're able to get them out without damaging them and they're no more than 6 or 7 years old they could be worth something. The batteries will usually last 7-10 years on average. The frequency should be marked on the sensors so you can determine which model year JK's they'll be compatible with. If they're working properly they'll automatically synch with the model year range for the frequency listed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts