Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run 35x12.5R15 and was wondering what the tire pressure is that I should keep them at for road use. I know it says on the side but I've heard that # is not usually correct. Also the temperature in my are is averaging about 20 degrees.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
The pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire is the MAX pressure. You are correct that you don't want to run that pressure. Start out about 5lbs less than the max, and adjust from there. Contact patch and ride/handling will tell you where you need to be. You want all but about 1-2" on the edges touching the ground.... Depends on the type tire you have too, but those are some general guidelines to get you where you need to be...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks InfernoGirl, I did 5 under max and it seems to ride smoother. I had them at about 7-10psi under max.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
What tires and what psi are you running? Just curious :) Keep an eye on the patch and the handling... If it seems like it's skating across the road you might air down a bit, or if it feels really squishy then add a few pounds...

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I just watch the contact patch like was mentioned before. Most two door Wranglers are so light that you may not be able to run the pressures listed on the sidewall without wearing out the center of the tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts