Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow tire are crazy prices I don't know what to do 1000$ for a set of 4 is unreasonable I need 285/75/16

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
a set of 4 tires for around 1K+ is very common especially for a 16 and 17 inch rim size

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yep,
Tire prices are totally ridiculous!!

I paid about $700 for some plane 31x10.5x15 Uniroyal Liberator A/T's.

·
zombie & ninja slayer
2,276 Posts
crude goes up, tires go up, you could ditch the 16's and save quite a bit. i just priced a set of 35's for a 15in rim at less than 1000

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I paid $950 for 5 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs in 33x12.5R15...I believe that was shipped price. I had a mail-in rebate through Goodyear and a $100 rebate for becoming a member of Tread Lightly...which only cost $25 so I still saved $75 on my tires that way.

Definitely shop around...and look for rebates and such.

Edit: I just pulled up my invoice...forgot I had that handy since I rarely delete emails.

$975 shipped from TireRack...that was before $150-200 in rebates as well.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dont know where youre from, but in the NE we have a tire place called town fair tire. They beat all competitors prices and their online price for tires might be a little more than a site, but you get.....

Free Shipping to store
Free Mounting
Free Alignment
Lifetime flat repairs
Lifetime Rotations
Free snow tire change over

For 33''s Goodyear Wranglers go for about $208 and BFG MT KM2 are $247

My one biggest gripe is they dont carry alot of different offroad tires only basic companies.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I have a nephew in the tire business and was able to get 4 31/10.5x15 BFG AT's for 750 installed and balanced. I would never want 17 or 18's because they rape you for those.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wanted to pass along some info that some of you may find helpful. After days of searching local stores and online I found an unbelievable deal from discounttiredirect.com. I got 4 31X10.50 15 BFG A/T KOs for 668 dollars-no tax-free shipping in two days to my door. This was 250 dollars cheaper than anywhere else I found.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Two suggestions... 1) Going to a 15" wheel size will likely pay for the cost of the wheels very quickly due to the cost of 15" tires being significantly less. 2) Tire stores don't discount, or they don't discount very much, unless you ask them to by telling them what you can buy them elsewhere for. You have to learn how to be aggressive to a tire salesman by asking for more of a discount than he can offer... bringing the manager's pricing authority into play. They can't or won't discount much if you don't ask or push them to.

Most local tire dealers can and will match or beat online pricing... if you push them to. The benefits to buying locally include helping to keep your local tire stores in operation and your friends & neighbors employed, and that you can just go back to the local dealer you bought them from if there is ever an issue.

·
Registered
395 Posts
X2 on going to 15 inch rim. It's gonna cost me less to replace my 36x16 with some 35x15 and rims. I'm gonna go through desertrat.com they sell rim and tire packages shipped for real decent prices.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the km2 I seen duratracks are cheaper just afraid the duratracks will not be aggressive a nuff for the trail

1 - 20 of 23 Posts