Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 02 TJ with a real big radio I got at Wal-Mart. Will 40" tires fit on the stock rims and suspension? Oh and I got a chrome gas cap too.

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking of adding a K&N filter, do you think that would help.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
What about the addition of a Flux Capacitor? I think they still sell them at Radio Shack.

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What about the addition of a Flux Capacitor? I think they still sell them at Radio Shack.
Naw, i tried that and the flux kept gettin stuck in the corners.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Just make sure your muffler bearings are perfect and your blinker fluid is topped off and you should be ok.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
don't forget about the horn fluid and keeping the alternator charged...

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
All you have to do to make 40's fit on stock rims is to remove your bottle jack from under the passenger seat. After that everything goes right into place. :D

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Jack, those are the kinda answers I'm looking for. I don't want to waste my money on useless upgrades.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
there's a bottle jack under the passenger seat! I'll have to get that thing out of there the extra weight must be the problem for boggin me down :D :zap:

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
there's a bottle jack under the passenger seat! I'll have to get that thing out of there the extra weight must be the problem for boggin me down :D :zap:
For the love of god man. Didn't you know that also removing the bottle jack will kick your MPG up to 22 in the city and 25 on the highway? :doh:

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I added a "Weiner Dude" to my antenna and got a 1.7mpg increase.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
For the love of god man. Didn't you know that also removing the bottle jack will kick your MPG up to 22 in the city and 25 on the highway? :doh:
And what about improving the sound quality and engine temp? :rofl: no but really its still in my TJ and needs to come out, too much OT has been limiting my time spent with the addiction.:D

a weiner dude huh? intresting...one of my friends put a "windsock" (wink, wink) on one of our other friends antennas a few weeks ago, he must have drove around for a few days with that thing on before he realized it and took it off, didn't improve mpg but I think that it made my life a little longer due to all the laughing I was doing everytime he came over, wish I would have got a picture of him getting out of his car with that thing on his antenna.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
in all seriousness I would leave it in there. Mine is still in there to this day. That bottle jack will still let you change a tire even with 35's on it. Way better than relying on a hi-lift.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
guess thats true. but mine seems like its streching it eventhough I have 31's. I don't like to use the highlift unless I really have to anyway, thats what I have a hydro racing jack for :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts