Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I recently bought an '07 wrangler and the tires on it are 265/75/16. I noticed that jeep recommends 225/75/16 tires. Does this make any difference and is there a big difference in look or safety? Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
The 265s will be a bit taller and wider than the 225s. As long as they are properly balanced and have the correct air pressure there should be zero safety concerns. How they look is a subjective question. If you are happy, then no worries.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
No, it's fine.

Your jeep (presumably a "Sport" or "X" model) came stock with 225/75/16 tires, though I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that size is "recommended"--the stock size had to be something, and that's what was chosen. You've basically gone from a 29x9" tire to a 31.5x10" tire, which isn't much of an increase. Lots of folks run much, much larger tires than either of those sizes.

In fact, all other stock Wrangler models (the Sport S, the Sahara, and the Rubicon) come with 32x10" tires. That is, more or less, what you have now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts