Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its been asked before but whats the biggest/widest tire size I can go on the stock 17 in wheels without lift or spacers? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
32 inch no rubbing for most
33 some rubbing (based on comments - not experience)
35 don't even try it...(from another forum)

You can use a tire calculator page (such as http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp)
to explore width vs outside diameter, etc. Stock JK jeep wheel has 6.2 inch backspacing as I recall.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I know its been asked before but whats the biggest/widest tire size I can go on the stock 17 in wheels without lift or spacers? Thanks.
275/70-17 --- a little bit bigger than stock but not much (unless you find a mudder in that size).

You could run a 33" tire but they don't come in widths that would fit the stock wheels without rubbing.
If you had 16" wheels, you could run a 255/85-16; if you had 18" wheels, you could run 275/70-18 ----- they'd both be 33's.

If you like the wheels, get spacers. I've elected to replace my 18" wheels with 16's due to the cost of replacement rubber. I'll recoup the cost of the wheels with the first tire purchase alone.
Look up the price on 285/75-16 tires to see what I mean. So many options, such great pricing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts