Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just snagged an 06 TJ Unlimited thinking that it would be my hauling, towing and plowing vehicle. It's fast becoming my preferred daily driver. So much fun to drive :)

I'd like to think about optimizing the ride for on road driving. Any suggestions about tires would be most appreciated. I'm looking for quiet and best handling with a smooth ride.

Thank in advance!

TC

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
What's the current setup? lift? tires? future mods? Just remember that our TJ's can only do light hauling/towing. I believe around 1500lbs max. I wouldn't even recommend hauling near that weight due to the short wheel base and stopping power. BTW, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Well, I have only had my Duratrac's for a week, but I can't believe how they have smoothed out the ride. Lots of my Jeep rattles no longer rattle, even going over speed bumps....so I am sold on them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What's the current setup? lift? tires? future mods? Just remember that our TJ's can only do light hauling/towing. I believe around 1500lbs max. I wouldn't even recommend hauling near that weight due to the short wheel base and stopping power. BTW, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new purchase.
Notice he did say it was an unlimited which I believe can tow significantly more than the standard TJ

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
not going offroad? recomendation for a street tire would be the Cooper AT/3, General Grabber AT2, or Good Year Wrangler Silent Armor are tops in that catagorey. Also all 3 work well in dry light duty offroad situations

TJ - 2000lbs
LJ - 3500lbs

·
Knows a couple things...
49,630 Posts
I just snagged an 06 TJ Unlimited thinking that it would be my hauling, towing and plowing vehicle. It's fast becoming my preferred daily driver. So much fun to drive :)

I'd like to think about optimizing the ride for on road driving. Any suggestions about tires would be most appreciated. I'm looking for quiet and best handling with a smooth ride.

Thank in advance!

TC
What brand and model tires are installed, what is their size, and exactly what is their present tire pressure?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts