Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Currently looking into some new tires for my Jeep. I currently have some all-terrain Nitto's atm. Anyone know some good *cheaper* brands? Not trying to pay 300$ a tire (broke college student here)

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have run Cooper discover ATs on several work trucks and love them for the price and added puncture resistance around job sites and mild off road use. Not sure how well they would perform for extended trail use as far as grip in rocks or mud but for just a general use all terrain type tire I love them. They are good tires and last a lot of miles but don't break the bank. They're not the cheapest you could find but far from the most expensive. For heavier load ratings like my work trucks they run around 200-225 installed with warranties at discount tire. For a C or D load rating which is what I would look for in the Jeep I would imagine they're slightly cheaper. Another option for dirt cheap halfway decent ATs that are readily available are gonna be falkens from what I've seen. Had a buddy run them for a while on one of his work trucks. If you're just looking for cheapest possible AT. Also could probably find some randos online for just least expensive but you get what you pay for.

2011 JKU. NBTX

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Milestar Patagonias are the tire of the moment but they deserve the accolades. Definitely cheaper in every size than just about everything else. They also perform really well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just bought the Patagonias, they are great on the road and wheeling (only dry slickrock so far though...)

·
Super Moderator
23,232 Posts
I am loving my Falken AT3w's at the moment. I have had great success running Toyo in all different varieties and coopers in ST maxx in various sizes as well as KO2's. I always run two sets of tires one set of 35's and a smaller set and currently my smaller set is 255/80-17 in the Falkens and they just flat work. torrential rain today and tried for kicks to break them loose and they just would not break traction playing skid pad racer.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Anyone know of current deals on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers? Looking to buy 5 tomorrow. 285/75r17 C.

Best I've found is Walmart so far and, as had been noted, they ain't cheap.

·
Super Moderator
23,232 Posts
Tirebuyer.com has deals sometimes on nitto

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
They have nothing below $290 in the size I want. Amazon has one (1! ) tire available in the right size at $243. 4WP is over $300.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Check out Discount Tire Pathfinders, I have them in 315 and like them a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
Two summer’s I put a set of kenda MT on my YJ. They have been good as an every day tire and preformed well in the mud/soup that is W KY.
But in the snow, nope. Nada. So it’s according to what you want them for.

Duratracs came on it and last winter I really missed them.

I’ve also heard good things about the kenda AT, the guy who runs the local tire shop runs a set and he’s the one that talked me into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,232 Posts
They have nothing below $290 in the size I want. Amazon has one (1! ) tire available in the right size at $243. 4WP is over $300.
Minus the $75 instant rebate $275

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Minus the $75 instant rebate $275
I called 4WP. They don't have a $75 rebate...BUT... they do price match. 4WP wanted $325 each for the 285/75R17 C. Walmart had them listed at $275. I got the Walmart part number...4WP verified...and I got them for $275 from Walmart.

While I was there, I also ordered my Method 315s in the machine finish.

I've been looking forward to this for three years.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Currently looking into some new tires for my Jeep. I currently have some all-terrain Nitto's atm. Anyone know some good *cheaper* brands? Not trying to pay 300$ a tire (broke college student here)

Thanks!
What size are you looking for? The Falken AT3W is a fantastic and economic all terrain... The Milestar Patagonia is an awesome mud terrain and also a great price.

Reactions: jadmt

·
Registered
165 Posts
Also, if not needed immediately, maybe see if anybody has any nice Black Friday deals here in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
2B5A3120-6236-4C29-B9A6-092556D456CC.jpg really like my cooper st maxx’s

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I am loving my Falken AT3w's at the moment. I have had great success running Toyo in all different varieties and coopers in ST maxx in various sizes as well as KO2's.
From the standpoint of cabin sound, how do the Falken AT3w's and ST Maxx's compare?

·
Super Moderator
23,232 Posts
From the standpoint of cabin sound, how do the Falken AT3w's and ST Maxx's compare?
The at3w’s are quieter. I like the st maxx’s a lot and they are a really good tire but when they get 10000 miles or so they start getting louder.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts