Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,693 Posts
That is $125 for 1 sensor. Any decent tire place can sell you universal sensors that, as I said, work perfectly fine for a fraction of that. How they work, as in how does the EVIC (if you habe it) work with the sensor for actual readings, I don't know. Neither of the JK's I did this on had EVIC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That seems to be showing $125 for 5 sensors. Which is a good price.
I don’t do Amazon, but some love it. I would rather buy directly from a shop I trust.
I have bought two sets of TPMS sensors from Quadratec, they sell Oro-Tek sensors and they have worked well for me. Quadratec does offer a forum discount. But I don’t think even with a discount it will be as good a price as those from Extreme Terrain.
Make sure whoever you buy from that you get the right frequency sensors. If you get the wrong frequency sensors they won’t work.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I don’t do Amazon, but some love it. I would rather buy directly from a shop I trust.
I have bought two sets of TPMS sensors from Quadratec, they sell Oro-Tek sensors and they have worked well for me. Quadratec does offer a forum discount. But I don’t think even with a discount it will be as good a price as those from Extreme Terrain.
Make sure whoever you buy from that you get the right frequency sensors. If you get the wrong frequency sensors they won’t work.
Ah, good point, it looked like 1. Yes good deal then lol

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
I have two Mopar stock numbers for the TPMS sensors for the 2013 up JK. The one you referenced from Amazon (56029398AB) and also 68249398AB when I looked up the sensors on Mopar Parts Giant's website. I did see that the 68249398AB replaced the 56029398AB but apparently the one that was replaced is still around.

Of course the best time to replace all of them is when you have new tires mounted. When I had my new tires mounted in my new wheels (the white spoke ones) the tire shop knew I preferred metal valve stems so installed them and then transferred the sensors over to the new stems (they were only three years old at the time.

If you have one failing, then I would order one, install it and see if you have any issues. If it were me, I would probably go with Extreme Terrain as well. Their price is a bit above the Amazon, but a lot less than any of the Mopar sites or Quadratec. They would probably be easier to deal with than Amazon as well in case there are issues.
Yea I got hosed into paying like 95 from dealership when I had them do the spare tire wheel and I forgot head of time and it was in middle of mount balance. Those four sensors came from tire place when I got tires.

I didn’t get new tires yet with all this other stuff goingon but going to so I want to be prepared and legit.

I am cool with the extreme terrain place for just 25 bucks more.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Yea I read about the 433 number thing. I fine with Amazon/eBay for lots of thing but not stuff like this/other stuff. Do want legit.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Ah, good point, it looked like 1. Yes good deal then lol

Yea I was just posting here and saw that. So far I payed like 80 bucks for four with new tire then 95 at dealership for spare tire. Bastards. Now I get these extreme for 125 for five.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Looking into ball joints dynatrac or terraflex 57,000 is fine for ball joints u joint brakes for having 34.1 tires and not really perfectly aligned and off-road not that much but enough to wear tear normal for off-roading. So thinking 34.1 or 33.0 tires would be better last longer with dynatrac not sure if I really need it though then terraflex.

dynatrac ball joints at northridge4x4 has them for 590 and I have bought most my stuff from there mc springs mc track bars front lowers tf spacer kit ck headlights basically everything except tires wheels.

still reading other threads on this.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 · (Edited)
Reading wise to replace hub and bearing when doing ball joints? Do these wear out at similar time or not long after ball joints?

terraflex lifetime warranty so you get another set for free not counting labor install then that’s same price 625 guess it’s how soften you need re get ball joints. I just didn57k so every 60k miles plan on it with stock plastic no grease wonder say more miles or similar with more wheeling every 50/60k miles your getting ball joints the. Your looking at 325 terraflex for three four sets for 220k miles with install or say two sets of dynatracs for 1250 and install. Still debating.

seems like both would be very good. Like I did white the suspensions parts I went with metalcloak because I felt they were waymore then enough/very good they were the snizha of suspension. So I am not sure about other things like steering stuff but I do like the better stuff for needed things and just not get everything just to get it especially when I like the quality because of higher prices.

so based on that the way I went with metalcloak I like the dynatracs and I know it’s overkill though I want a tight jeep even if I donot go bigger then 34.1 or 33.0 tires. Plus the bs wheels or wheel spacers add to stress.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Would it make any sense to just get new u joint for front right since the left needed a new one just to do it at same time when you condpsoder I have to get ball joints so both u joints and ball joints are new at same time or is that a waste of 300 bucks. I know you said Crome molt axle shafts would be better then stock and they come with better u joints. I could just wait and then maybe do that/route.

how long/miles wise is somewhat normal for axle shafts seeing that the brakes u joint ball joints went at about 55k miles? Just trying to look ahead and do anything that would make sense to do when doing someth8ng else.

not looking to spend it’s already adding up to 3,000 before I add tires wheel spacers wheels. Just want to make jeep bombproof and tight.

what’s the hub and bearing replace when doing balljoints this a good idea and if it is what brands to I go for.

I just ordered dynatracs for 590 from north ridge.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I have two Mopar stock numbers for the TPMS sensors for the 2013 up JK. The one you referenced from Amazon (56029398AB) and also 68249398AB when I looked up the sensors on Mopar Parts Giant's website. I did see that the 68249398AB replaced the 56029398AB but apparently the one that was replaced is still around.

Of course the best time to replace all of them is when you have new tires mounted. When I had my new tires mounted in my new wheels (the white spoke ones) the tire shop knew I preferred metal valve stems so installed them and then transferred the sensors over to the new stems (they were only three years old at the time.

If you have one failing, then I would order one, install it and see if you have any issues. If it were me, I would probably go with Extreme Terrain as well. Their price is a bit above the Amazon, but a lot less than any of the Mopar sites or Quadratec. They would probably be easier to deal with than Amazon as well in case there are issues.
Hey man you got some pic with those white wheels. I a, not looking to collect wheels for the garage wall of fame though of all wheels out there I only liked the saltas the gladiator stocks and those classic cjs whites.

these are the ones right?

lwhat size tires?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Yes, the wheels are the Quadratec CJ Retro white spoke. At first I thought the large chome center cap fitting was their idea, but then a WF member found and posted a CJ-7 with the white spoke wheels and the large chrome center cap extension. In those days they had manual hubs on the front which stuck out quite a bit, so Jeep had extensions cover the hub part with just the selector in the open and matching ones on the rear wheels.

The tires are BFG KO2 LR C in LT285/70R17 - they are 32.8" tall and 11.2" wide (factory 255s are 10" wide). The 5.2" backspace (vs 6" backspace on factory wheels) puts the inside edge of the tires just 0.2" further out from the suspension than the factory tires were. The tread is still under the fenders. I love them The Chief came with BFG KMs (same as Rubicons and Willys) and they start noisy and get noisier. The KO2s are far quieter.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Car

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

If you have been on the QT website looking at those wheels, you know there are a lot of customer photos out their with the wheels. The only problem with that Jeep though is since it's the only one in the county, I can't sneak around in it.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Yes, the wheels are the Quadratec CJ Retro white spoke. At first I thought the large chome center cap fitting was their idea, but then a WF member found and posted a CJ-7 with the white spoke wheels and the large chrome center cap extension. In those days they had manual hubs on the front which stuck out quite a bit, so Jeep had extensions cover the hub part with just the selector in the open and matching ones on the rear wheels.

The tires are BFG KO2 LR C in LT285/70R17 - they are 32.8" tall and 11.2" wide (factory 255s are 10" wide). The 5.2" backspace (vs 6" backspace on factory wheels) puts the inside edge of the tires just 0.2" further out from the suspension than the factory tires were. The tread is still under the fenders. I love them The Chief came with BFG KMs (same as Rubicons and Willys) and they start noisy and get noisier. The KO2s are far quieter.

View attachment 4541723

View attachment 4541724

If you have been on the QT website looking at those wheels, you know there are a lot of customer photos out their with the wheels. The only problem with that Jeep though is since it's the only one in the county, I can't sneak around in it.
You win that jeep didn’t know they had that color scheme. I have seen it before somewhere.

yea those wheels I saw on website and I think even before theywere at quad someone else made them by custom painting the black like on them with plain white wheels. I have pic of that. Then quad comes out with a sweet quality version of those wheels.

I have thought about it and only wheels I like other then the saltas are those cjs and the gladiators.. I just trapped those gladiators since I could get them brand new for 300 and didn’t know how long they would be around since I donot think gladkept those stock style wheels for more then a yr/two. I thought last summer better just grab them while I can and think later.

I still can get those white wheels with prob no worry about quad stop making them. That why I like to see pick because there isint that many compared to other pics. So far the best one I have seen is a red jeep I think the solid colors make Jeep’s look, more rugged somehow and the white wheels look good off those standard colors like yellow lifeguard jeep red blue kind of colors. Not sure how my silver metallic would look and your chief is a classic color.

I do like thetires not sticking out and being 11.2 helps that. Think stock is 6.2 bs and my jeep needs gas tank lean spacers because one side looks like it’s sticking out more but it’s the jeep at a slant.

I am not worried about that much but I want it to look like your saying so the overall look and ratio of everything look right. I think it’s a fine line between 6.2 bs wheels tires hat look like car tires because they are that far in but yet once you get to 5.2 you need narrower tires like that 11.2 the 11.6 I have are farther out and 12.5 forget that you look like a mad truck driver. I a, trying here.

I donot think I could find a silver jeep with those wheels not many. Maybe ones from 30 yrs ago to get an idea.

ko2 are good people here said people coming off the trails out west have trail damage from those and that my trail grapplers were more stout. I really like the Mickey Thompson Baja tires but still haven’t figured out what I a, doing for tires yet since all these other things came up. I just think 33.0 tall is the way and I have a lot more power with them then the 3.1 I have now.

I thought about 34x10 ko2 couple yrs ago because they run about .5 smaller then they say so that would be a pre number of 33.5x10 and I would be near fender better. That was when I wanted to try 33.5 but I think I am 99% sure I want 33.0 tall now. Just trying to figure out wide size and then want certain tires and each brand only has what they have size wise so I ll have to make choice there. Ko2 are an option because of size I like the most.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Yea I know what you mean I died that out when I first saw them to make sure the like the old school wheels just wanting same thing not something redone but diff.

I bet those 32.8 tall fly around good. That’s what I am talking about.

Here’s some pic I had the red jeep looks good becasue of stampers but I ain’t doing those tires.

I am going for that beach style jeep this time. Love that you can build your Jeep’s anything else if you want a diff look.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Can see here one jeep had no wheel spacers and stock wheels make tires too far inside does not look good. The other is good maybe yours a hair better for what I am trying to do/say.

that’s why I want to try stock wheels with wheel spacers because that is diff. It would be .25 less on outside and .75 less on inside edge of wheel. Tires would be more on inside then what I got now but it clears then good. It’s the overall outside edge of tires and wheels for that matter is what I am trying to achieve the look.

you pretty much got it because of the tire size. So you know what I mean.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·

View attachment 4541723

View attachment 4541724

That’s stock height? Is that the same as rubicon stock height.

do you have gas tank lean spacers because if not your tires might stick out more on the left like mine does.

I got 11.6 tires so yours is .2 better on each side. Looks good/right.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I have gone from 100% mid tires to maybe 20% thought of hybrid at. I do like the Mickey Thompson Baja at and ko2 are good. It’s just hard for me to go away from that ruff edge look of muds see how this beach jeep looks good having those edges.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
If tires donot make 10.5 or 11.0 wide at 33.0 tall on 17s then wheels should make 5.75 bs. Or vice versa easier to make more tire sizes.

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
Yes, my JKU is stock height (actually sits about 0.4" taller because of the tires) in that there is no lift. Before I made the decision on the tires, there was a discussion on here about the 285s fitting on a JK without a lift, and with QT wheels they would not rub. Most of the 17" wheels offered by QT are 5.2" BS vs the factory 6.0".

There is a misunderstanding of the springs on the JK. There were a number of different spring heights from the factory, and the part numbers vary only in the last two digits. The "weakest" springs were for the JK with manual transmission and no options scaling up the the Rubicon JKU automatic fully loaded. The springs were sized so that those two Wranglers, the lightest and the heaviest would sit at the same height, when both had the same tires mounted. For a while, it was stated that if you got a set of take off springs from a JKU Rubicon and put them on a non-Rubicon you would get a 2" lift.

That would only be true if the Jeep you were putting the springs was a Sport S JK with no options. If I had put them on my '17 Chief I would have gotten maybe a half an inch. The Chief is a limited run special edition based on the Sahara. One major difference (other than the white top and stripes) is that it came with 17" Recon wheels, but painted silver rather than dark gray. There were a total of about 3,500 built at the end of the 2017 model year and only came in three colors. Chief Blue, Granit Silver (a metallic black) and Gobi (tan). I have only seen two blue ones other than mine and one Gobi. One of the other blue ones was on I-10 in Mississippi and the Gobi and other blue one were here. The other blue one is now somewhere in Fl. There is a picture of a red one on the Quadratec website photos of the CJ Retro wheels, but if you look closely, it has Sport on the side instead of Chief. The owner is a WF member and commented he got the white hard top and then added the stripes. I give him credit for not changing the badges. It looks good, Jeep should have offered them in red as well.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Yea guzzi said that there were four diff springs I knew of four door and two door but not four total. I always think of thought of two door rubicon being the standard and those sport/manual I guess and Sahara were lower to ground with smaller tires and weaker springs combo of some sort. Sort of forgot four door Jeep’s had more weight/stronger springs. Except when looking at lift kits read people,talking about doing four door jeep springs on a two door for more height or less in the number as options. That’s going back five yrs ago when I first did stuff.

That’s cool to have a limited edition. My older jeep wagoneer/really the Cherokee 2001 was like that to me in the way it was one of not many steel blue colors. Really neat color but not classic stuff like the chief or if they made a real wagoneer again or like Land Rover defender made a real defender again meaning they actually look identical to the classics but with moder tech across the board.

wish jeep would at least offer the option to people for custom order like that. Why the f. Not. That’s dedication. I mean we’re not mommy shopping trolly cars here.

I read stock wheels were 6.2 bs you post 6.0 are there two diff stock spec wheels?

I was thinking of 285 on stock 6.2 bs 7.5 wide wheel to see if without rubbing in parking lots full turn and more inportant without on full up down left right sway bar disconnect.

not sure if a garage can do that on a lift maybe for shock travel but need ramp for up travel ck?

guzzi others said sometimes it can fit but prob not. I donot want to have problems or be so close that it’s dangerous. On road things are smooth off-road you might twist and turn some and then if it’s close so.
Maine thing is the overall look/and safety but the look appearance wise is what I am trying for and that’s where the 11.2 wide or 11.0 wide tires or a 5.75 bs wheel which no one makes/not in the wheels I like. So I am going to have to decide before I order tires what the heck to get with this stuff.

also there is the height of jeep from two door rubicon stock. I have 2.5 metalcloak which net me 3.25 and 3.0 with 1.0 front spacers so I have had 4.25 and 3.0 with what I have on my jeep it measures 41.5 front 40.5 back which has the jeep perfectly level.

I am not concerned about getting an exact number for height just want it to look good and work good. The 4.25 in front is more then I wanted and didn’t realize I was that high I sort of thought I was a 3.5/2.5 so even thought not much diff there it’s just looks too high. Got the 2.0 mopars and hoping I net 3.0/2.0 that way I donot have to jack front to get level and going to add gas tank lean spacers/.5 on right side.

that should get me a 3.0/2.0 net and I hope that’s good for looks otherwise option is then going back to stock rubicon springs and use spacers for something like 2.5/1.
I have 2.5 front and 2.0 back spacers from tf spacer kit that’s what I did first. I remember though having 2.0 in back made jeep look better overall perspective wise for looks so hope a 1.5 in back would look good enough if that’s what I have to go to.

one thing at a time going to try the mopars and see how they ride and get this alignment done right/finally. Got dynatrac ball joints so with metalcloak parts and those it better be tight and drive straight. The. We’re in business.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts