Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,690 Posts
Yea guzzi said that there were four diff springs I knew of four door and two door but not four total....
Technically, it is four different springs for the two door and four different springs for the four door. So eight spring options total. Plus the extra tall springs used for the 10a and Recon.
That is why different people will get different increases in height with a given set of springs. It depends on where you started. If your Jeep is heavier and thus came with taller springs from the factory you will get less increase in height from a given set of springs. I remember reading about someone who was mad that their lift springs gave them an inch less height than advertised. But it turns out they had a Recon, so it was an inch or so taller to start with.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Technically, it is four different springs for the two door and four different springs for the four door. So eight spring options total. Plus the extra tall springs used for the 10a and Recon.
That is why different people will get different increases in height with a given set of springs. It depends on where you started. If your Jeep is heavier and thus came with taller springs from the factory you will get less increase in height from a given set of springs. I remember reading about someone who was mad that their lift springs gave them an inch less height than advertised. But it turns out they had a Recon, so it was an inch or so taller to start with.
Interesting. Didn’t know recon had 1.0 inch taller springs then reg rubicon.

the new jl front fenders on rubicon’s are 1.0 inch higher on sidewall of jeep making it look higher then it really. Only prob with that is then when you do springs sometimes it looks too high for looks. Good for going bigger tires with no lift but kind of screws up the 2 inch mopars lift. The jl saharas actually look better perspective wise when they have 2 inch mopars and 33.0 tires if your going with 35s then it prob looks ok then.

Question which number should I be going off of for back perch 5.11 or 5.35 didn’t know what swb lwb meant.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Can see here one jeep had no wheel spacers and stock wheels make tires too far inside does not look good. The other is good maybe yours a hair better for what I am trying to do/say.

that’s why I want to try stock wheels with wheel spacers because that is diff. It would be .25 less on outside and .75 less on inside edge of wheel. Tires would be more on inside then what I got now but it clears then good. It’s the overall outside edge of tires and wheels for that matter is what I am trying to achieve the look.

you pretty much got it because of the tire size. So you know what I mean.
Holy didn’t realize the stock sport jk tires were 30s really 29.5 that’s small compared to 32.0 or 33.0 rubicon comes with. That like go cart tires.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
As far as I know, swb means short wheel base (two door) and lwb means long wheel base (four door).
Yea I a, not big on social media shortcut words. Other then some basic ones that were used before social media people.

So that means 2 door rubicon is 9 3/8 front and 5.11 back.

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
The stock JK Sport (not the S) came with 225/75R16 tires on 16" silver steel wheels. The tires were 29.3" tall. I have a friend who had a RHD as he has a rural postal delivery route. I keep kidding him about the small tires, but he likes them for then the rural mailboxes are window height. With the 32" tires, they would be below the windows sill.

The JK Sport S on the other hand along with A/C, electric locks and windows had 17" aluminum wheels and 255/75R17 Goodyear SRS tires. The Sahara mostly had 255/70R18 tires and Rubicons had BFG KM 255/75R17 tires. All wheels except for the base Sport were 17" or 18" aluminum wheels with reported 6" BS.

The JL base Sport comes on 17" black steel wheels with 245/75R17 tires (31.5") the Sport S comes with 255/75R17 tires with the option of 318/70R17" (34.4"). However that option requires the Xtreme Recon package ($3995). For the most part the Saharas have 255/70R18 tires and Rubicons 255/75R17 with an option of 35" tires.

As to the springs - there are actually 38 different JK springs, 19 for the front and 19 for the rear. They are listed on online Mopar sites. The fronts are 521263xxAC (xx is 10-19) or 521265yyAC (where yy is 11-18) and 68026309AC. The rears are 680042rrAC where (rr is 52-58) or 680044ssAC where (ss is 50-61). It has been reputed that increasing the last two digits by 2 would give you a 1/2" increase in height. As far as I know all the JK and JL factory wheels have 6" back space. That is what has been reported on the forum and I can verify at least the Sahara 7 spoke chrome and the Hard Rock wheels are in fact 6" back space (I had the Sahara wheels on my '15 and the HR wheels in my storage building). It has been reported that at least one style of the Gladiator wheels are 6.2" back space. I have not verified that.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
The stock JK Sport (not the S) came with 225/75R16 tires on 16" silver steel wheels. The tires were 29.3" tall. I have a friend who had a RHD as he has a rural postal delivery route. I keep kidding him about the small tires, but he likes them for then the rural mailboxes are window height. With the 32" tires, they would be below the windows sill.

The JK Sport S on the other hand along with A/C, electric locks and windows had 17" aluminum wheels and 255/75R17 Goodyear SRS tires. The Sahara mostly had 255/70R18 tires and Rubicons had BFG KM 255/75R17 tires. All wheels except for the base Sport were 17" or 18" aluminum wheels with reported 6" BS.

The JL base Sport comes on 17" black steel wheels with 245/75R17 tires (31.5") the Sport S comes with 255/75R17 tires with the option of 318/70R17" (34.4"). However that option requires the Xtreme Recon package ($3995). For the most part the Saharas have 255/70R18 tires and Rubicons 255/75R17 with an option of 35" tires.

As to the springs - there are actually 38 different JK springs, 19 for the front and 19 for the rear. They are listed on online Mopar sites. The fronts are 521263xxAC (xx is 10-19) or 521265yyAC (where yy is 11-18) and 68026309AC. The rears are 680042rrAC where (rr is 52-58) or 680044ssAC where (ss is 50-61). It has been reputed that increasing the last two digits by 2 would give you a 1/2" increase in height. As far as I know all the JK and JL factory wheels have 6" back space. That is what has been reported on the forum and I can verify at least the Sahara 7 spoke chrome and the Hard Rock wheels are in fact 6" back space (I had the Sahara wheels on my '15 and the HR wheels in my storage building). It has been reported that at least one style of the Gladiator wheels are 6.2" back space. I have not verified that.
I thought the new jl rubicons came with 33.0 tires didn’t ever read it or ck here just thought people somewhere I saw they were 33.0 no shit they jl only have 32?

Holy bajebus we went from 4 to 8 to 38 diff springs haha. Well then it’s important to know which ones to get if I had to go back to stock and use spacers.

I knew I saw 6.2 bs so I though it was for all wheels. I am pretty sure/not totally that my stock jk wheels were 6.2 and I read on the specs for the gladiators wheels I just got were 6.2 so I assumed every stock jk and jl and whatsoever they want to call gladiators we’re all 6.2 bs

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Seems like the diff in the 6.0 6.2 bs is the thickness of wheel edge people get both number based on that. Whatever it is no big deal. Except for when we want to get tires where we want for looks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,946 Posts
My original '17 Chief wheels (Hard Rock design, but silver instead of dark gray) are in the boxes my CJ Retro wheels came in. If I get a chance I will measure them tomorrow.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
My original '17 Chief wheels (Hard Rock design, but silver instead of dark gray) are in the boxes my CJ Retro wheels came in. If I get a chance I will measure them tomorrow.
What are the cj wheels 6.0 or 6.25?
I think my stock rubicon wheels/2015 are 6.25 but not sure.
From what I read the stock gladiators wheels I just got are 6.25

only reason I would not want 6.0 is with 1.25 wheel spacer then I am out farther donot want that. Though if it really was 6.0 wonder if tires would fit without wheel spacers.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Got jeep back and they frocked chargeed 2000 for drive shaft brakes u joint cheap bastards it should have been more like 1700. Good thing I saw that dude that has his own shop even if he charges high he won’t hose me he be fair.

I am really considering at or hybrid tires whatever people call them. Didn’t think I would ever d9 that.

from what I read the wildpeak at3 and Mickey Thompson Baja at are the top ones now? when before it was the ko2 and copper stmaxx. Is that right?

something about new ownership/something about ko2 having diff compound now and not as good as before. Something about overseas making them?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I am loving my MT Baja boss ATs so far!
View attachment 4540984
I think you might be right those Baja at tires look way more mean then the wildpeak at or other at from all other brands. Maybe cooper Maxx is closest thing to Baja’s.

I thought I would ever consider at/hybrids because I love the look of muds being more rugged but these new Baja tires have more gap between lugs then other at tires do.

also watching some tire video on lots of tires and I could see the gap on the legend Baja mt and the gap was pretty big bigger then the trail grapplers I got not sure now.

my jeep is way out of wack until I get real alignment done I can’t tell with the tires I have now. Just drives horrible and to the left. The ride is ok but the control is messed. Going to get everything before I get tires though.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Any problems with balancing reading Baja at donot balance as well as nittos and smooth.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
As far as I know, swb means short wheel base (two door) and lwb means long wheel base (four door).
I am just going to go ahead and grab those ranchos since I am doing the ball joints and springs anyways to do at same time.
Question is it says they are for 2-4 lift kits and have an extra hole for extra caster. What are the holes set at for exactly/ 2.0 3.0 4.0 and 1.0 or 5.0 of net height gained?
Also if I use mc adjustable front lowers with ranchos is it good to be able to adjust front lowers a little if I were netting 4.25 in front or is the set hole good enough even though that puts it at 4.0 when I am at 4.25

just to make sure you said specifically 5.0 caster and 10 toe in on each side and no more then 20 total.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
I am just going to go ahead and grab those ranchos since I am doing the ball joints and springs anyways to do at same time.
Question is it says they are for 2-4 lift kits and have an extra hole for extra caster. What are the holes set at for exactly/ 2.0 3.0 4.0 and 1.0 or 5.0 of net height gained?
Also if I use mc adjustable front lowers with ranchos is it good to be able to adjust front lowers a little if I were netting 4.25 in front or is the set hole good enough even though that puts it at 4.0 when I am at 4.25

just to make sure you said specifically 5.0 caster and 10 toe in on each side and no more then 20 total.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Also does anyone know if Amazon comes with bolts nuts stuff because the price is 40 bucks better. 184 at north ridge others and only 148 at Amazon.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,690 Posts

Since different Jeeps start with different amounts of caster there is no way to know that a given set of holes on those brackets will give you a specific amount of caster.
Just try the holes you think are correct for your lift height and see what you get. The instructions give you a recommendation of which hole to use for a given amount of lift. But if you find you need more caster use a lower hole and if you find you need less caster use a higher hole. You can either base it off having your alignment measured, or you can base it off of feel, how it drives when you are done.

And yes, I would recommend 5 degrees of caster, give or take a half a degree and around 0.20 degree total toe. It is not critical per side, as long as it adds up to the desired value. If you have 0.05 on one side and 0.15 on the other that just means they did not get the steering wheel 100% straight when they did the alignment. It doesn't mean you have too much toe on one side and not enough on the other.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Since different Jeeps start with different amounts of caster there is no way to know that a given set of holes on those brackets will give you a specific amount of caster.
Just try the holes you think are correct for your lift height and see what you get. The instructions give you a recommendation of which hole to use for a given amount of lift. But if you find you need more caster use a lower hole and if you find you need less caster use a higher hole. You can either base it off having your alignment measured, or you can base it off of feel, how it drives when you are done.

And yes, I would recommend 5 degrees of caster, give or take a half a degree and around 0.20 degree total toe. It is not critical per side, as long as it adds up to the desired value. If you have 0.05 on one side and 0.15 on the other that just means they did not get the steering wheel 100% straight when they did the alignment. It doesn't mean you have too much toe on one side and not enough on the other.
Ok good info. Interesting on the toe on steering wheel. So those guys at dealership have had my total toe in at 35 for 3 yrs now/man and the steering wheel inside the jeep is way left/like 30 degrees. I think the place I found is going to get it right/and steering wheel inside jeep square.

yea just wanted to know so I have no thinking involved just do it.

what would be difference in 4.5 and 5.5 caster. What would I notice diff. That way I can go to which ever one if it can’t get right on 5.

·
Super Moderator
8,690 Posts
Ok good info. Interesting on the toe on steering wheel. So those guys at dealership have had my total toe in at 35 for 3 yrs now/man and the steering wheel inside the jeep is way left/like 30 degrees. I think the place I found is going to get it right/and steering wheel inside jeep square.

yea just wanted to know so I have no thinking involved just do it.

what would be difference in 4.5 and 5.5 caster. What would I notice diff. That way I can go to which ever one if it can’t get right on 5.
More caster means more stability, more the jeep wants to drive straight. And the steering will be a little slower.
Less caster means the jeep is less stable and the steering is more responsive. To a point that can be good, but beyond a point it stops being good.
All this has to be balanced against pinion angle. Adding caster back in by rotating the front axle housing affects your pinion angle. When you lift 3.5” or more you may have to start balancing caster with pinion angle, especially if you have an aftermarket front drive shaft.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts