Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have to say, I have had 4 JK's since 2014, 3 got 35" MTR's, and one got 35" K02's. Got new JL, and after reading everything I got the 315 Patagonia's. Real world on my JLUR, it is .2" shorter than my 2017 JKUR with K02's. The tires have only been on for 30 miles, but are uncannily quiet. I would say they are almost as quiet as the All Terrain K02's in the 285 Factory size. I think they look good and seem like a great tire at $190 compared to $335 for the K03's... Pretty shocked, and happy so far!! They also mounted on the Rubicon Factory wheels with no spacers and no rubbing, anywhere, so far.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Had them out in Rain, Snow, Ice for a 400 mile circuit over 3 days. Cruising down the interstate in freezing rain and un-plowed secondary roads. They are better than my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Came away pretty confident on how well they perform and comfortable with emergency brake situations. With that performance, I wonder if the compound is soft and I will wear them out sooner than others.
Yes, the compound is pretty soft. I do expect more wear than I had with my Coopers. They should also be rotated regularly to keep the wear even. If they get an odd wear pattern going, I think it would be hard to stop. Still quite pleased...

Reactions: Shadowmaker

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes, the compound is pretty soft. I do expect more wear than I had with my Coopers. They should also be rotated regularly to keep the wear even. If they get an odd wear pattern going, I think it would be hard to stop. Still quite pleased...
Are you on the:

LT285/70R17 (33X11.50R17LT)

or

LT315/70R17 (35X12.50R17LT)

I'd be looking to use stock Rubicon rims, and want 35's, of course with wheel spacers.

ben

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ordered 5 - 37 12.50s from Discount Tire today. Can't wait to get these rolling!!

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Are you on the:

LT285/70R17 (33X11.50R17LT)

or

LT315/70R17 (35X12.50R17LT)

I'd be looking to use stock Rubicon rims, and want 35's, of course with wheel spacers.

ben
I'm on the 315/70-17's. They are a little on the narrow side so I don't see a problem running them on the factory wheels with spacers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's awesome, thanks for your business. Please post a photo when you get them mounted up.
Will do. I'm also having a Teraflex 2" rear axle stretch installed to help them clear with only a leveling kit and MCE fenders :)

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Registered
63 Posts
They ride very quietly, but even down to 25psi, I'm still needing to adjust my pressures a little lower.

Attachments

Reactions: Shadowmaker

·
Registered
269 Posts
They ride very quietly, but even down to 25psi, I'm still needing to adjust my pressures a little lower.
Jeebus those look huge. I'm going flat fenders and basically no lift for mine (Performance Leveling Kit). Can't wait. Waiting is killing me.

ben

·
Registered
269 Posts
Will do. I'm also having a Teraflex 2" rear axle stretch installed to help them clear with only a leveling kit and MCE fenders :)
Can you expand more on this? Never heard anyone mention this before.

ben

·
Registered
63 Posts
Can you expand more on this? Never heard anyone mention this before.

ben
Teraflex makes a 2" rear suspension stretch kit that, as it states, pushes the axle back. The 37s, and basically no lift (+.5" front, and -.5" rear) has the back tires contacting the front of the wheel wells. Some people say moving back only 2" is a waste, but for my wants and needs, I think it is going to be perfect! It goes in tomorrow morning, and is spending the week at Northridge for that and 4.88s, and ball joints. I'll pick it up Friday and get more pictures.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone have updates on these?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts