Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are threads out there, but I think this is different.

I know this is the pattern you *should* follow (orange lines). For some reason my RF tire shows more wear (too many LH turns? :D) than the other three.

Does anyone know (or see a problem) if I can rotate them this way (green line)? Maybe until the next time I rotate 'em, then follow the proper pattern?

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or, (since I can only upload one picture at a time) this might be a better pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I think basically ous your rear tires go to the front and your front tires go to the rear, you're okay. It's probably best if they switch sides but even on the conventional rotation, they don't all switch sides.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I've only done 1 five tire rotation, and I did it like the orange arrows in the first diagram.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On RWD, 4-tire rotation, the front tires do go the the back AND switch sides...

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
You are doing the same basic rotation just backwards (sort of) more importantly, You need to find out whats eating your one tire and it ain't Nascar It's something that might be able to be corrected (Toe) or fixed (something else).

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are doing the same basic rotation just backwards (sort of) more importantly, You need to find out whats eating your one tire and it ain't Nascar It's something that might be able to be corrected (Toe) or fixed (something else).
I thought it was basically the same rotation pattern also (but backwards).

Some D-bag hit me a few months ago. One tire was replaced because of the accident. I would guess the tire that was replaced would be as worn as the RF. The tires have probably NEVER been rotated.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I thought it was basically the same rotation pattern also (but backwards).

Some D-bag hit me a few months ago. One tire was replaced because of the accident. I would guess the tire that was replaced would be as worn as the RF. The tires have probably NEVER been rotated.
When they "fixed" the Jeep was an allignment check done? IF you are eating a tire - something is wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
tire rotation

you all showed pretty piks and lots of info but can someone mention at what mileage is a rotation recommended?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I do mine every 5k. Don't know if that's the norm or not, but I do oil, oil filter, and rotation every 5k miles, and air filter every 10k miles. That's just what I've done since I got my license back in 1991.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you all showed pretty piks and lots of info but can someone mention at what mileage is a rotation recommended?
Thanks. They were "pretty."

Reactions: Phynal

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahahahaha
Every time you change your oil.

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
I do Oil change and rotation every 5,000. Makes me sleep good at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rangerbluedog
1 - 16 of 16 Posts