Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited my mother's '08 Rubicon. Always fun to drive, but now I want to make it mine.
I am planning on throwing a lift on it, but with that, I'm going to need some bigger tires. Right now, it has Good Year Wranglers (285/70R17). Those are the second set that was ever put on. They were slightly larger than the ones it came with from the dealership, but not by much. Anyways, they rub like crazy. I can't even make a normal right turn without hearing it. When I look underneath, I can see some rubbing on one of the bars.

I plan on getting new wheels, but I am not sure what to get to fix the rubbing problem. I'm not looking for anything super nice, since they'll probably get banged up, but I am looking for something that is set a little further from the inside of the wheel well to avoid tire rub.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
1.5" wheel spacers o wheels with proper BS will fix that. Another temp fix would be washers in the steering stops.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
60,920 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I have the same size tires in Duratracs. Rubbed until I put 1 1/2" wheel spacers on a few years ago. No issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts