Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to one of the local places to price tires today and the guy was a total dork. I told him I wanted a price quote on 31 BFGs. He asked if I had a lift, and I said no. He wouldn't give me a quote because he said they wouldn't fit me jeep.

So.... um.... is everyone I've talked to wrong? They've said I could fit 31's with minimal rubbing that could be fixed with some fender shaving..... I just wanna be sure that I'm pissed for a good reason. :D

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Go buy 'em somewhere else then drive it over to him and tell him what a dork he is.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think I went to the wrong place. I'm just wondering what the point was to not quoting me a price. If I want to buy them to put them in my yard, who cares? Just tell me how much they cost.

When I told him I knew they would fit, suddenly they didn't usually stock them so he wasn't able to give me a quote..... there was a big pile of them next to the counter....... DANG IT!!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
what a douchebag, even if he thought you were wrong, he should have just humored you and be done with it

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
What a jerk! Douchebag works too.
He used the "It's a woman, you can BS your way around your own stupidity and she won't know the difference" strategy. That pisses me off!
Like Amerijeep said, take your business else where and then go show him he's stupid.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Take a man with you when you go next time...;)

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohhhhhhh, it's my lack of Y chromosome that makes it so I can't figure out the size of tires that will fit on my jeep..... :D

(I wrote that in a much more vulgar way but decided to change it)

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Thank you, but I don't need a man at my side to be taken SERIOUSLY..............and I'm sure as h&ll certain Tiny doesn't either

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I really don't find it humorous. The fact that terror was treated that way is an outrage, in my opinion.

edit: I meant to reply behind terror. I got bumped again. That always happens to me....

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Ohhhhhhh, it's my lack of Y chromosome that makes it so I can't figure out the size of tires that will fit on my jeep..... :D

(I wrote that in a much more vulgar way but decided to change it)
change it back I want to see it :D

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Ohhhhhhh, it's my lack of Y chromosome that makes it so I can't figure out the size of tires that will fit on my jeep.....
No, actually it's the presence of a Y chromosome that makes the person you dealt with a jerk. He can't be a man if he doesn't feel superior to a woman.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Lost was teasing, Scout was being a dork, but Lost was teasing :D

I'm still actually pissed. I walked outta there feeling like I'd gotten my hands slapped. Oh.. and Kat, the original thought didn't have chromosomes as what I was missing, but it still started with a C.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
seriously tho, some people are just idiots. when I was looking around from tire prices, I called up some local place and told him that I had a 00' wrangler blah blah blah and that i wanted a price quote on 33x12.50-15 tsl radials, he asked me if I had a lift I told him it was lifted 3" and he said that wasnt enought and he couldnt sell me the tires. After "some" arguing, I told him to just tell me with the price, he said $250 a piece, I called him a **** idiot and hung up

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had a 98 altima lowered with 17 inch wheels. I ordered a set of tires from TireRack.com. They took my money then called me the next day and said the tires I ordered did not have a big enough payload rating for my car and they would have to sell me the next size up which was like a 150 dollar price increase. I told them to refund my money then I went to a local shop and got the same tires put on cheaper and had no trouble.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts