Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I just got a rough country coil lift installed and now the stock tires look just about pathetic. I'm embarking on a never ending quest for bigger rubber. Here's the deal:

I have two set of wheels: 17x7.5 steel wheels, Mopar 52124455AB. Apparently, they have 47.3mm offset, which would come up to a little over 5.5'' of BS, according to Google.

The other set are the stock 18", that came with the jeep. It's the altitude edition, and i can't seem to find the exact BS or offset they're at.

Now I know this is a recurrent question, but even though I'm researching the forums left and right every night, I can't seem to find a straight answer.

I'd like to run 35" on my stock wheels, or on the 17''s, if i can't fit them on my stock wheels.

What fits on the stock wheels, after a 2.5" coil lift?

I'm hesitating between 275/70R18 GY duratracs, which are really 33",
or 285/75R18 Wrangler MTR kevlars, which are 35" but only 11.3" wide...

It already took me weeks to narrow it down to these 2 tires, all i have left ot figure out is which can actually fit on the jeep.

thanks in advance for all your help

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
The 7.5" wheels is gonna be pretty narrow for a 35. Maybe consider buying a set of 15" wheels with 35's, may be cheaper than just buying rubber for 18" wheels. Just a thought. 35s will fit your lift but you need wheel spacers to run a wider aftermarket tire on your OEM wheels.

-Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShipJim, you're running 325/65R18s which are 13" wide. The duratracs come in that size, but I figured they would be too wide. how much backspacing do your stock wheels have. My 18" have over 6'' of BS, plus I guess there are differences in suspension components between your TJ and the JK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts