Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tire size question. My kids 98 Tj has 31x10.5x15 tires. Will 33x12.5x15 fit without any problems? I dont know if there is any kind of a lift kit on it. It may be stock but it seems to sit up a little high.
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
U will need a lift. It looks stock. 31's are the highest it will go. Just get inside and turn the wheel all the way to the right or left and u will see that it rubs on 31's

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
33's are fit in two common ways on TJ's:

1. 4" suspension lift, with ~2" bumpstop extensions in front and ~2.5" in the rear. Requires a SYE/CV shaft.
2. 2.5" suspension lift, with a 1.25" body lift, with ~1-1.25" bumpstop extensions in front and ~1.25-1.5" in the rear. The 1.25" BL usually accompanies a 1" Motor Mount Lift to offset some of the driveline angles.

Either way you go, figure on some or many of the following components: longer front brake lines, extended sway bar links front and rear, gears, brake and steering upgrades to accommodate larger tires, SYE, CV shaft, bumpstop extensions, new shocks, adjustable track bars, and a rear track bar bracket.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Check out the hood ornament in the first pic!!!

As said, you'll need to lift it to slam those in there, otherwise I fear you are going to rip off one of those fender flares.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts