Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I need some help or opinions/suggestions. I have a 2013 JKUS with the small 225/75/16 steel wheels and tires. I am going to install Rubi takes offs with the 255/75/17 tires. How bad is my speedo going to be off? Will this small increment in tire size change cause me to have to re-flash my computer for the shift points? If so, what do I need to buy or do?

The JKU has limited slip and 3:73 gears.

Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I can tell from the same swap on my JK, you're looking at about 7-8 mph slow with the new tires at 70mph. About 5mph at 55mph. Just enough to draw attention from the law! :nonono:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just upgraded and lifted my 2012 JKU. Can you recalibrate the spedo for the new tires? Wouldn't that fix the problem?

·
Registered
545 Posts
My Jeep Dealer

My Jeep dealership said they can flash the chip up to 285's. Since I went bigger, I got a Procal.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can a person whose has a flashcal or a procal do more than one Jeep or is it specific to only one once it has been used? Can a friend flash his and another?:confused:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, that is what I figured. Wonder if Discount Tire can do it when they sell you bigger tires and wheels?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts