Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a brand new 4" rc lift in my jeep and im currently running 32's which look nice on my yj, but they are my stepbrothers and we are trading back soon.. :( but anyway.. i have the money to purchase new tires finally and im just trying to get some opinions on 31x10.5s and 33x12.5s. do the 12.5s fit on stock rims? will 31s look to small? even with an aggresive tread? and furthermore my jeep is a 2.5L, will there be a noticeable difference in the jeeps power between the two size tires? (not like i have incredible power to begin with.. :p ) advice would be awesome! and pics are even better! :) thanks jeepers!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not a 4" but here is a 3.5 (close enough) I do not think the 33x12.5 will fit stock rims. The 30x10.5 are on a 15x8 with 4.25" back space and the 33x12.5 are on a 15x8 with 3.75. No rubbing even at full turn with either tires. I have a 4.0 so no help on the 2.5 but if your stock you might want to consider gears before tires as larger tires on stock gears is gonna take some power away. Not to sure if your interested or not but those 33x12.5 in the pic are darn near 100lbs a piece, quite a bit more then the 30x10.5. Just my .2 :popcorn:
30x10.5x15 w/ Rancho 9000x Shocks

33X12.5X15 w/ Pro Comp Shocks

·
Registered
326 Posts
You can squeeze 12.5s on stock rims, but I wouldn't reccommend it, especially with a 2.5. BFG makes an AT 33x10.50r15 which will fit nicely and fill up your wheel well a lot better. I had these on my last 2.5 TJ with no complaints, or get bigger rims :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well id deffinately like 33x10.5 but unless i go online its hard to find some.. and with shipping and mounting.. online purchase would be alot more expensive.. :( and i dont have the money to regear.. im in college :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks! the first pic is 30s? or 31s?
30s, Ya I hear you on the cost to re gear this is why I am glad my lil bro is a mechanic and has all the tools to do that kind of thing. Id check your local craigs list to see if you can find some decent tires for a good price, otherwise your right it can get expensive quickly. I spent about 15-1600 on the 33x12.5x15 rims/tires in the pic but of course I got 5 of them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I shopped around and the best deal I found was through discount tire when I got mine.They will order them for you at no extra charge. If I remember correctly, the price was around $800 for all four. In reference to regearing, if you have a manual 5sp, you are already geared at 4.11 and will only have to regear if you want to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts