Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New to Forum and must say I'm really impressed with all the information on here. Kudos.

Question is this... I'm in the market for a new set of wheels (not tires). I have a set of 31x10.5 BF Goodrich A/T tires and would like to know what wheel size I can use for that tire size? Short of going to tire store, which I just haven't had a chance to do, I don't know how to figure this out.

Is 15 x 8 my only choice?

I have a 98 Wranger Sahara (not lifted).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also confused on Bolt Patterns...seems like the 98 Wrangler required 5 x 4.5 Bolt Pattern. Is that correct?

And, if 15 x 8 is the size I need, how big of a tire can I put on these (in case I ever decide to lift it later)??

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR HELP/ADVICE.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I also have a 98'. You are correct on the bolt pattern. From what I read you can put up to a 12.50 tire on the 8" wheel. I plan on running 33-12.50-15 on my TJ with an eight inch wheel. Hope this helps.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Yep. Deere is correct. Assuming you have 15's currently, 15x8 would be your best choice. You could go down to a 15x7, but then you are more limited in tire sizes later, as you wouldn't want to go wider than 11.5 on a 7" wheel. Backspace is what should concern you most, in order to fit a 12.5" wide tire on a TJ, you need no more than 4.5" bs, 4" is about perfect.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts