Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installing a 2.5" suspension lift on a 2007 4 dr unlimited. Can I remain on the factory 17's with my 31's without spacers?

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Yes. Lift is so you can get taller tires and better body ground clearance (it will not get you better axle clearance only taller tires will do that).

Spacers have nothing to do with lift. Spacers are for width of tire. The wider the tire (around a 285 or 11.2") requires you to get either spacers or new wheels with better backspacing so the larger width will not rub on the sway bar

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
installing a 2.5" suspension lift on a 2007 4 dr unlimited. Can I remain on the factory 17's with my 31's without spacers?
Perhaps we've got the facts scrambled here a little bit . . . .

Are you really asking if you can leave on your stock wheels/tires when you lift it 2.5"? The answer is of course, "yes."

There will simply be 2.5" more space visible between the top of your tire and the fender flares, and the frame of your Jeep will be 2.5" higher such that you'll have to step up 2.5" higher to get in.

Is that what you're asking?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Perhaps we've got the facts scrambled here a little bit . . . .

Are you really asking if you can leave on your stock wheels/tires when you lift it 2.5"? The answer is of course, "yes."

There will simply be 2.5" more space visible between the top of your tire and the fender flares, and the frame of your Jeep will be 2.5" higher such that you'll have to step up 2.5" higher to get in.

Is that what you're asking?
^^ This. You only need spacers if you are putting wider tires on. BTW the stock tires are 32".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts