Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son works for a car dealership in when they get trade in they don't want to keep they allowed the employees to buy at cost.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the continuation I have quick fingers. As I was saying I got the Jeep dirt cheap virtually rust free. The previous owner put 35 is on it with a substantial lift. It looks good but with a 4 cylinder its gutless as expected. However if given enough time I can go smoothly at 65 miles an hour. But would downsizing my tires or going to a different configuration help with the giddy up and go? or I'm just have to live with the fact he takes time. This is not a daily driver it's for the beach and the outdoors just for trail rides no rock crawling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Downsizing to 33s and regearing to 4.10 or so would help noticeably. Still wont be a rocket, but should make it much more tolerable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I am readings the tag on differential correctly it's a 4:10 ratio already. I just was not sure if dropping down to 33 would make much of a difference

·
Registered
53 Posts
Oh that’s right, I forgot the 4cyl usually came with 4.10. Yeah 33s will help, but not a lot. Maybe offer to temporarily trade a friend who wants to go up a size, just to see if you like it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Regear to 4.88 and downsize to 33” tires. Regear will cost about $1,300 including parts and labor.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
If you go down to 32s, you may want to take the tall lift off as well so it doesn't look like a kids wagon with small wheels.

The largest tires fitted from the factory on the TJ were 31's. (LT245/75R16 which actually measure 30.5" and those were on the Rubicon) If you have 15" wheels and the width is not over 8" you can go 30x9R15 or 31x10.5R15. The latter may rub at full steering lock.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
If you go down to 32s, you may want to take the tall lift off as well so it doesn't look like a kids wagon with small wheels.
A 4.25" lift with 31s.:)

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts