Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 YJ, and am curious. I know someone who had a scrambler and fit 31x10.5's on it, no lift, little or no rub. Same with his current 2000 TJ. Could I do the same with my YJ, or will it rub like crazy?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
31 is very tight, and if springs are old, i wouldn't do it. if you wanna clear them, the quickets easiest way is shackles. it is every yj owners first mod. keep your old ones though, as you will probably be putting them back on when you decide to get a better lift.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about 30x9.5? I'm not really interested in a lift, to be honest. No need for it around here, and I don't intend to do much wheeling in it.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
those will fit w/ no lift and tired springs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have 31 10. 5 15 on my 89 and it has no lift at all they work great for street but off road i rub

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yeah, I have a 90 with tired springs. I have 31s on it and they rub off road. They are good on but rub off. I trimmed my flares and am getting ready to lift it too.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My springs arnt to bad still really stiff and Im lookin at getting shackles just to lift i a bit

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all..I don't know, maybe I'll go with 30x9.5...but I'm not really worried about them rubbing off road if I do get the 31x10.5, simply because I won't be using it extremely often off road.. but then, knowing the roads around here, they'll rub on half of them -.-'

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Personally, I would recommend replacing the stock springs if they are worn and flat. If you do mainly on road driving, you will fit the 31s no problem. But expect to get some rum if hitting the trails.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks all..I don't know, maybe I'll go with 30x9.5...but I'm not really worried about them rubbing off road if I do get the 31x10.5, simply because I won't be using it extremely often off road.. but then, knowing the roads around here, they'll rub on half of them -.-'
With 31s and no lift it won't take "extreme" off roading to rub. Minor stuff will make it rub. Add a couple inches of lift and you will be good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts