Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So currently I have 33x12.5 but the police around here have ticketed me for having 1" sticking out Of my flares. I was thinking about going to 35x11.5 so it would be legal and I would get a bigger size out of it rather doing new 33s but 11.5 instead of 12.5. I go wheeling quite often so I don't care about speed all too much. I have 3" sl and 1" bl with mce flat flares. I wanted to get 35s in the future anyways so this might be a good way to do it. My only worry is about my axles for 35s. Would this idea work with my current lift? Would it look weird with my current setup?

Tldr: 35s with 4" total lift and gearing?

Thank you

·
Registered
106 Posts
Had the same problem. I added 7" flares, problem solved. The flares cost less than 200.00 and look ok, way better than the people that attach some plastic land scapping edging to theirs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you have 1" sticking out, assuming each side, then you'd need to go down to 10.5" to get legal? We have the same problem in this country if you get the wrong traffic cop having a bad day. Sounds like bigger flares are the cheapest option, unless your tyres are due for replacement?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have 1" sticking out, assuming each side, then you'd need to go down to 10.5" to get legal? We have the same problem in this country if you get the wrong traffic cop having a bad day. Sounds like bigger flares are the cheapest option, unless your tyres are due for replacement?
I've got 12.5 atm so I need 11.5

1 - 8 of 8 Posts