Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock tires and wheels on my 2006 TJ. I'd like bigger tires and I'm thinking of 31s -
1- would you guys recommend this size (no lift)
2-which brands do you recommend. I don't do too much off-roading except for the beach every now and then.

Let me know what you think,
Thanks!

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,420 Posts
BF Goodrich AT, Goodyear Duratrac, Falken Rocky Mountain ATS

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have stock tires and wheels on my 2006 TJ. I'd like bigger tires and I'm thinking of 31s - 1- would you guys recommend this size (no lift) 2-which brands do you recommend. I don't do too much off-roading except for the beach every now and then. Let me know what you think, Thanks!
Try BF goodrich 31 x 10.5 All terrains low noise, durable & great on-road in wet or dry, sand, also good in the mud. They last an age only negative a little pricey, mind you I've seen'em(31x10.5) for about $160 each which ain't bad for a great all rounder. I've been all around my country & never got stuck because of this tyre. Worth a look for sure.http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/171162142361

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try BF goodrich 31 x 10.5 All terrains low noise, durable & great on-road in wet or dry, sand, also good in the mud. They last an age only negative a little pricey, mind you I've seen'em(31x10.5) for about $160 each which ain't bad for a great all rounder. I've been all around my country & never got stuck because of this tyre. Worth a look for sure.http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/171162142361
X2 on that one. love mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
No lift needed. I believe 31" tires were a factory option.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roger. So 31 x 10.5 it is. Pictures look great with them. Any other suggestions besides the BF Goodrich All Terrain?

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,420 Posts
Look at post number 2, just under your initial post...I gave you 3 options.

·
Registered
901 Posts
GY Duratrac's, great all season tire. I use mine on the beach too, vg in the sand.
Also VG in rain, snow and pretty good in mud etc. Low noise on the higway and wear well.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I've always been a huge fan of the BFG all terrain, nice stable tire, quiet highway ride, lasts forever. That's what I was going to put on my jeep, until someone introduced me to Goodyear duratracs. Little bit softer, so they might wear faster, but I'm more than pleased so far.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Firestone Destination AT or MT. I have the BFG AT (32's) on mine now and am trying to sell them to get the Destination MT (33's). Like the look. Probably more tire than I need.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can pick up the BFG TA/KO in 31x10.5/15 for $155 shipped online right now.

I don't even have a TJ yet but I already bought the BFG tires and black steel Procomp 51 wheels to go with them...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts