Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 sport s stock 255 75 17's goodyears with 4800 miles and I had a flat last night and I know I didn't hit any pothole or curb that I would think that could cause this damage..but then again ya never know!! Would I just take this to the dealer and see what they say if its covered under warranty...it looks like it just ripped from the sipe in the tire as if it is a defective tire right ? or most likely they'll say I ran over something that caused it? Ironically I set an apt at a local tire shop to have a set of 285 70 17'sprocomp xtreme muds( lightly used but where free) mounted on a new set of rims earlier that day and was planning on selling my stocks! I've never tried to file a claim for warranty on new tires before so not sure on steps involved! ( guess I have been lucky up till now)
Thanks for any input

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
From the chalk on the edge of your tires, looks like you hit a curb or something. There wouldn't be scuff marks there, otherwise.

I'd guess a tire shop would tell you the same thing.

·
The Bad Guy
23,239 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the tire warranty resides with the tire manufacturer as opposed to the dealer. You should have several pamphlets for tire warranties among your warranty paperwork. Just find the one for Goodyear.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the white marks you see are from a gravel road that was just recently had gravel added, they use lime stone rock so it soft and turns to powder quickly

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
2012 sport s stock 255 75 17's goodyears with 4800 miles and I had a flat last night and I know I didn't hit any pothole or curb that I would think that could cause this damage..but then again ya never know!! Would I just take this to the dealer and see what they say if its covered under warranty...it looks like it just ripped from the sipe in the tire as if it is a defective tire right ? or most likely they'll say I ran over something that caused it? Ironically I set an apt at a local tire shop to have a set of 285 70 17'sprocomp xtreme muds( lightly used but where free) mounted on a new set of rims earlier that day and was planning on selling my stocks! I've never tried to file a claim for warranty on new tires before so not sure on steps involved! ( guess I have been lucky up till now)
Thanks for any input

Ya never know. You either hit a curb, or a rock, judging by the chalk on your sidewall. Whatever the case, it's not a defective tire, and I doubt either the tire mfr or the tire installer would give you the benefit of the doubt. I wouldn't.

Tire's on you, my man. You went out to play, and busted up some rubber.

Suck it up. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
As for this: "the white marks you see are from a gravel road that was just recently had gravel added, they use lime stone rock so it soft and turns to powder quickl"

You do realize you're on a Jeep forum, right? I mean, c'mon man...:nonono:

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Yep!

As for this: "the white marks you see are from a gravel road that was just recently had gravel added, they use lime stone rock so it soft and turns to powder quickl"

You do realize you're on a Jeep forum, right? I mean, c'mon man...:nonono:
-----------------
X2

Oft times when I come off some of our VA Mtn fire-roads (gravel), my JKU may be white with lime stone powder. I have also learned that the gravel/ rocky Mtn roads can take a "BIG" toll on the Ole Duratacs.

The Wolfman is correct, to go "off-road" you MUST be willing to accept wear, tear and possible breakage :banghead: It is part of the 4x4 sport :eek:

Happy Jeepin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts