Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend with a 05 TJ who has excessive tire wear on both front tires only on the insides of the tires. We tried the pry bar test on the tires to check the ball joints. They have slack and I know they need replacing. The weirdest thing is the jeep looks like it's been dropped from 50 ft in the air. The wheels are bowed in. I cannot see a bent axle tube at all but noticed the steering knuckles at the top look bowed in. The jeep was bought used and my friend has not wheeled the jeep hard. I posted this in the TJ section but figured I would ask you guys since the JKs are similar. To my knowledge there is not way to adjust camber unless you can do it with adjustable ball joints? I can see bending a axle tube but is it possible to bent the knuckle? Possibly where the knuckle is welded to the tube? I'm puzzled here.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front Tire wear on the insides, may be caused by worn Ball Joints, causing negative Camber. Also if your wheels are toed out, they will wear on the insides!!
I agree but never seen one this bad. Somehow he has not experienced death wobble. I will post a good pic soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts