Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im getting ready to buy some bigger tires and wheels for my 2016 JKU. ive read a lot about maximum tire sizes and backspacing on the wheels. im not running a lift just yet, but maybe by the summer. But im Thinking of going with the BFG KO2 tires with a size of 285/75r16, and these pro comp wheels Pro Comp Series 7069 Wrangler Wheel,16x8,5x5 7069-6873 (07-16 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
i just want to make absolute sure that everything will fit without any rubbing or clearance issues before i spend all the money for everything, and if there is a possibility that i would need wheel spacers if the tires are to wide.

·
Registered
383 Posts
You should have no issues with that combo. The wheels are a 4in backspace, and the tires are only about a 33.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have no issues with that combo. The wheels are a 4in backspace, and the tires are only about a 33.
yeah i am just question the width of the tires since theyre 11in wide, ive heard that any bigger then 10.5in you could have problems

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My wheels have 4.5" of backspacing and I run a 305 (12") wide tire without any issues what so ever.

You can easily run a 315 (12.5") wide tire with 4 - 4.5" of backspacing.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a two door JK with a 1.5 inch TeraFlex leveling kit. Procomp tires and wheels 285/70/17. The back tires rub my fenders at full flex slightly. It has never caused any damage but you can hear it rubbing and see where it rubbed at the very inside top of the fender on the rear. The PROCOMP wheels have 4.75 inches of backspace.

·
Registered
383 Posts
yeah i am just question the width of the tires since theyre 11in wide, ive heard that any bigger then 10.5in you could have problems
But you are putting them on a wheel with 4in of bs so it will move the tire out away from the vehicle more preventing rubbing at full lock. 33s should not rub the fender flares, but you could flex it out in a controlled manner to make sure. You eliminated the rub issue of wide tires with the wheels

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow one would think that spacers are Illegal in Germany with all there tough laws they have omg be careful out there!!! Not to lose a spacer I did hear they are not the safe way of doing things just my 2 cents if it's worth anything maybe a different brand wheel might have a better BS that would fit proper and o hate to think you'd be wheeling with spacers specially used ones I mean why did he sell them in the first place might be crossed threaded you never know with going with used especially moving components wow good luck and have a nice day

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wow one would think that spacers are Illegal in Germany with all there tough laws they have omg be careful out there!!! Not to lose a spacer I did hear they are not the safe way of doing things just my 2 cents if it's worth anything maybe a different brand wheel might have a better BS that would fit proper and o hate to think you'd be wheeling with spacers specially used ones I mean why did he sell them in the first place might be crossed threaded you never know with going with used especially moving components wow good luck and have a nice day
Hey welcome back there doucher. Glad you are back to trying to mess with me again. Thing is new wheels put the same stress on the components as spacers. He sold them since he got new wheels, but you know that was a different thread. At least be good at your stalking/trolling. I don't think guy lives in Germany, but they are not illegal here as long as your tires don't stick out past your fenders. Thanks for your so very genuine concern. Have a nice day. :mooning:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey welcome back there doucher. Glad you are back to trying to mess with me again. Thing is new wheels put the same stress on the components as spacers. He sold them since he got new wheels, but you know that was a different thread. At least be good at your stalking/trolling. I don't think guy lives in Germany, but they are not illegal here as long as your tires don't stick out past your fenders. Thanks for your so very genuine concern. Have a nice day. :mooning:
I wasn't trying to mess with anyone I would just give my two cents worth of knowledge about spacers you cut corners with them that's all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts