Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really really need mainly tires, but a tire/wheel combo would be nice. I'm in Richmond, VA, so I'm looking for something around the area. Will drive. Id like atleast 31" or 32" (Keep in Mind its going on a stock TJ).

please let me know. Thanks!!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
32's will rub on stock wheels on a stock height TJ if you go offroad or over curbs and such.... Just something to keep in mind. Plus they'll rub when you turn if they're 11.5" wide, and as far as I know that's pretty much the standard width for a 32" tire.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I was going to go ahead and seee if I source a set of 32"s because I want a BB lift in the near future. So I think 32's and a BB lift would be on point. That way I don't have to buy new tires again in a few months when I get the lift on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have to imagine you can get a 32/10.5 tire as I have 33/10.5
Also to avoid tire rub you can adjust your wheel stops and if you got a wheels with the proper backspacing that helps too
I would stick to 31" tire though if you plan to do any moderate wheeling at all.

edit with a lift you could go with a larger tire ever one inch of lift=2inches of tire

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
newb question: what are wheel stops? How do I adjust them? If i was going to buy the wheels new, I was going to get 15x8 or 16x8 Cragar soft 8's.. but I think they have a -19mm offset? Would that cause me to rub?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wheel stops are a bolt on your hub assembly and can be adjusted to physically stop your wheel at a certain spot. One on each hub just turn the wheels in one direction all the way and back out the bolt til the wheel is not hitting anything.

Offset can be used if you know all the other measurement of the wheel backspacing is the number I'd look for when trying to find the right wheel.
but check this out it is everythign explained
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts