Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I currently have BF Goodrich 31x10.5r15lt all terrains. They're at the end of there life. I lifted the Jeep 3.5 inches last fall. Id like to go to a 33 inch tire. I'd also like it to be a bit wider. I have factory TJ rims. I'd be willing to use a spacer for a little more width. I have no idea how to calculate all this. I'd also like a little more aggressive tire tread. Not looking to buy the most expensive tire ever either. Hoping you guys good give me a few size options and brands. Thanks guys! Included a pic of the wheels I have in case that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
33 10.50 is about it for factory rims. That size will be good with your lift. The Duratracs are well liked for a slightly more agressive pattern than the bfg

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can see an upside to both. Being in Michigan the 10.5 is better in the snow. I just like the stance the 12.5 gives the Jeep.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
12.50 gives better floatation for sand... maybe more contact for rock. But the 10.50 is far better on the street or gravel or snow.

Hitting puddles and slush or loose gravel the skinny tire wins everyday. The wider the contact the more the tire grabs if you are going highway speeds.... or forestry road speeds.

There is no right or wrong.... it all depends on your use... and tolerance.

·
Registered
701 Posts
12.50 gives better floatation for sand... maybe more contact for rock. But the 10.50 is far better on the street or gravel or snow.

Hitting puddles and slush or loose gravel the skinny tire wins everyday. The wider the contact the more the tire grabs if you are going highway speeds.... or forestry road speeds.

There is no right or wrong.... it all depends on your use... and tolerance.
Most contact patch when off roading is from length of your aired down tire, not the width.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts