Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some 16" Procomp with Duratrac 285/75/16 and just noticed the amount of wt on the inside but within the 5 tires the wt varies from 26g on one to 217g on another. Yes it seems to ride fine but thought it odd that there would be that amount of variation in wheel wts. Is this amount of wt common?

For these type tires is the psi amount so variable too? The tire itself shows max pressure to be 80 and all tires have about 32 in them and on my previous vehicles the max is around 42 or so. Again, it seems to ride fine and learning about this but the Jeep and more offroad type tires are new to me so just wondering.

Thanks all and Happy New Year:thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Just got some 16" Procomp with Duratrac 285/75/16 and just noticed the amount of wt on the inside but within the 5 tires the wt varies from 26g on one to 217g on another. Yes it seems to ride fine but thought it odd that there would be that amount of variation in wheel wts. Is this amount of wt common?

For these type tires is the psi amount so variable too? The tire itself shows max pressure to be 80 and all tires have about 32 in them and on my previous vehicles the max is around 42 or so. Again, it seems to ride fine and learning about this but the Jeep and more offroad type tires are new to me so just wondering.

Thanks all and Happy New Year:thumb:
Don't know about the tire weights (though different wheels can often be pretty far apart in terms of balancing), but 33" DT's should be at around 30-32 PSI, and 35's around 28-30. Tire shops usually WAY overinflate tires on 4x4's. Yours sound pretty close. Your ride is gonna seem a bit stiff, since your DT's are E-rated, but that's normal for the tire.

To get the optimum tire pressure for road driving, do a chalk test. Here's a link...see post #54 for a description of the chalk test. There's some good info in the rest of the thread, as well.

Highway speed drifting

Enjoy the new wheels! :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts