Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning. MY TPMS light wont go off tires are full of air, tried driving around 4 ever.. any way to reset? Link to the "tool" to reset perhaps or do I just take t o a tire place?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
AEV Procal

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
The AEV Procal or similar device can either reset the threshold or turn off the TPMS all together. When I got my tires and wheels, I opted to just put regular valve stems in and turned off my TPMS. Haven't missed it at all.

If your tires are properly inflated and the light is still on, they you may have a dead battery in the sensor.

·
Super Moderator
15,499 Posts
Procal or flashcal type tuners can turn off the tpms, but I'm not sure they'll do a reset. I've used local tire stores or the dealer for that in the past.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for the details. Where would the battery be in the sensor, Prages? The manual is useless for any specifics. It's a 2012 Jeep Rubicon

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
If the TPMS light counts as a DTC, the Flashcal will clear it. You can use flashcal to turn off TPMS system and the sensors will not work then.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Are there any tools out there that can adjust the threshold for the warning? I thought originally the flashcal or procal could do this... but I also recall reading somewhere that they no longer are allowed to do this?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Thank you so much for the details. Where would the battery be in the sensor, Prages? The manual is useless for any specifics. It's a 2012 Jeep Rubicon

The battery is in the sensor, and I'm not sure it's serviceable. You may have to buy a new sensor. Regardless, you have break the bead of the tire to get to it, so a tire shop is your best bet.

From my understanding, the sensors should synch up automatically, provided they are the correct frequency. They did change frequencies somewhere around 2013 or so, so if you put an older sensor on a newer vehicle or vice versa, they wouldn't synch up.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Morning. MY TPMS light wont go off tires are full of air, tried driving around 4 ever.. any way to reset? Link to the "tool" to reset perhaps or do I just take t o a tire place?
What is "full of air"? How many PSI? If your TPMS system wants to see 35 PSI and your tires are at 30 PSI, the TPMS warning will never go away. There's no way to tell if a tire has 30 or 35 PSI just by looking at it. You'll need to use a tire pressure gauge.

Look at the tire inflation information located on your door jamb. Make sure the tires are inflated to what is recommended. If the light still doesn't go off, then you need to start looking at the system itself.

·
Registered
557 Posts
The battery is in the sensor, and I'm not sure it's serviceable. You may have to buy a new sensor. Regardless, you have break the bead of the tire to get to it, so a tire shop is your best bet.

From my understanding, the sensors should synch up automatically, provided they are the correct frequency. They did change frequencies somewhere around 2013 or so, so if you put an older sensor on a newer vehicle or vice versa, they wouldn't synch up.
Aaaaah.

I bought 2 2013 wheels with sensors and after mounting up my new tires, all on my own 2013 wheels, the tmps system always showed system fault. I assumed they were dead, and they might be, but they could be older ones.

Learned something today.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I'm not sure exactly when the frequency changed, but it was somewhere between 2011 and 2014.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
2012 was the last year of the 315mhz TPMS sensors. 2013 went to 433mhz sensors.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
If you order the flashcal direct from Superchips, they have a 15% discount for law enforcement, military, and first responders.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The computers seem pretty expensive just to do this. If you are making other adjustments it is a good tool to have. I would confirm if the sensors you have are compatible with the year of the vehicle. Could just be a sensor change.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I bought my flashcal to change tire size, but it has also checked and cleared codes and is ready for a lot of other things if I ever need to do them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts