Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks Hope all is well.
New jeep owner here and I had a few questions on Tires and fitment. (I am clueless about tires and rims and sizes so forgive the Naiveness)

Long Story short, I was given a set of Rims that are :
Size 18x8
Bolt pattern 5x114.3 (5x4.5")
Offset +40mm
Hub Core 72.6
Backspacing 6"
I am looking to PlastiDip these rims and potentially putting them on my
2015 Jeep JKU Sahara. Currently i have Factory Rims on it. I am also looking to get some larger tires (if the Rims fit)

Any help is much appreciated.
:Thanx:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,724 Posts
I'd say you're better off leaving those alone and here's why:
  • Your '15 is a 5x5 bolt pattern, those wheels are 5x4.5
  • Those wheels are about 6" of backspace (about the same as factory) but you'll want less for larger tires
Just can use an adapter and it will also help with the backspace, but IMO you'd be better off putting your time and energy into a wheel that was made for your JK.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey new Jeep guy here. Not real good with the tires and wheels but figured I would ask here first. I have a 2015 unlimited and just put 3in suspension lift on it. I bought 18 in rims to beef it up. I heard I can get up to 33 in tires to put on it. I don’t want it to ride real rough but want something rugged. Anybody have any suggestions on what and where to buy (tire sites)? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
With a 3" suspension lift you can go 35" with the correct gearing. I have terra grappler g2 on mine (33" with no lift) that are much nicer than the mud KO2s that came on it. Much less noise and better gas mileage.
You should start your own thread to introduce yourself and get some suggestions from others.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
55,188 Posts
Hey new Jeep guy here. Not real good with the tires and wheels but figured I would ask here first. I have a 2015 unlimited and just put 3in suspension lift on it. I bought 18 in rims to beef it up. I heard I can get up to 33 in tires to put on it. I don’t want it to ride real rough but want something rugged. Anybody have any suggestions on what and where to buy (tire sites)? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks
Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts