Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this forum today but have been using it for research since January!

Bought a 2012 Unlimited Sport with 60k miles on it for $22.5 in March and have been trying to figure out what kind/size tires and wheels to search for. Not sure if the stock tires are 255/75SR17.0 OWL or 225/75SR16.0 BSW... or what the difference between the two is. I'm getting it lifted 3.5" and am ready to try and take it offroading, so tires would hopefully have a good grip.

Let me know if you've got any good ideas for tire brands or sizes, keep in mind that this is still my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Best bet for size is 35x12.5r17 or 315/70r17, best compromise between off road capability, looks, pricing, availability and compatibility with aftermarket parts. 15" or 16" will work as well but are somewhat less available or acceptable of aftermarket brakes, tier of etc.
As for what tires it greatly depends on your uses

·
Registered
31 Posts
A 3.5 in lift can take a 35 in tire without issue. In regards to the OE, if it is the 225/75r16 has a overall diameter of 29.3 inches and the 255/75r17 is 32 inches.

There are a lot of great tires... It comes down to the individual. Popular choices are

Nitto Grappler 2
BFG A/t KO2
Goodyear Silent Armor

The list goes on and on..

I would stay away from mud terrains if this your daily driver

1 - 3 of 3 Posts