Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 jk sport 2-door with stock aluminum rims. I am going to need new tires soon and wanted to do a little bit of an upgrade without breaking the bank.
I am going to keep the same rims but I wanted to paint them black. Any suggestions on a paint that would give me a long lasting nice matte black look?
I wanted to get tires that would function well off road but still provide me with a nice highway ride as I do a lot of highway travel. Any suggestions on a good tire brand? My goal will be to put at least 33's on which leads me to my next question.
I wanted to get a quality two inch lift kit that will still provide a nice smooth ride, be functional off road, and again not break the bank.
Please help!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
Welcome! Lots of folks plastidip the factory wheels, and Duratracs for tires also get a lot of love here. Look perhaps at a level kit or Ranchos 2 inch lift. If you have factory 3.21 gearing, you may want to look at a regear, factory 3.73 should be ok for 33s. A good shock will help too.

Do checkout the sticky tech thread for all the info and links about tires and lifts.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Agree with MMC that Duratracs are a great and popular tire!

Many plastidip but personally I'd spray paint mine. I'm not in love with how it always lays and pulling it off leaves a mess.

Regarding lift you get what you pay for. You want ride quality you have to open up your wallet. Can't get comfy and performance at the same time as cheap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts