Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to do a SOA conversion on my 95 YJ and am also about to order tires. I would really like to put 35x12.5s on her but don't know if they will fit any advice would be great!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
They should but rims are another factor to think about because of the width. Your rims need atleast 3.5-3.75" back spacing. And how worn are your stock springs? If they are to worn 35"s may rub.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Yeah you will rub them offroad. I have 33's with about +1.5" on SOA and almost rub mine at full flex. I would only put them on if you are going to add maybe 1.5" of lift to it. Maybe the Rubicon SOA leafs.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
35" and Tj flares....=no problem
I run 37"x14x15" bias Iroks The flares with SOA on flat springs....no rub

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info for right now she is my dd that i play offroad in occasionally sounds like the setup will be a winner!

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
He he...I thought you could see my lazy relocation job on my top fronts....I was I.tending to change them but left them because they've workout really well....but everyone says something about them....lol
I'm not sure if you can see them in this pic

·
Registered
332 Posts
He he...I thought you could see my lazy relocation job on my top fronts....I was I.tending to change them but left them because they've workout really well....but everyone says something about them....lol
I'm not sure if you can see them in this pic
Can't see them. Maybe you can post a better one later. If not no big deal. Those springs look like they have a little arch to them....what are they?

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
K....the springs are home built super flex Dee-lee-Os....work really good and don't wrap up either...

·
Registered
159 Posts
First post here guys, I just got a 95 yj jeep I've been slowly working on. Might be a stupid question but how much does an SOA conversion cost?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Planning on doing it my self I'm looking at around 3-350 plus a lot of welding..... I think
Thats how I did mine. Good luck with that. Lol

I don't see how it is possible for less than $1000 unless you cut some corners. Springs, sye, steering solution, rear driveshaft, shocks, brake lines, and traction bar. Im sure I'm forgetting something too.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts