Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tires look to skinny, they're 315/70/17 but I'm running stock rims... If I get new rims will the tires stretch and look wider?!?

·
Registered
296 Posts
My tires look to skinny, they're 315/70/17 but I'm running stock rims... If I get new rims will the tires stretch and look wider?!?
If you want them to just "look" wider, go with wheel spacers. If you actually want the functionality and looks that come with a properly backspaced wheel, get new rims. 4.5 Backspacing I believe will give you the look with the wider stance you're looking for

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want them to just "look" wider, go with wheel spacers. If you actually want the functionality and looks that come with a properly backspaced wheel, get new rims. 4.5 Backspacing I believe will give you the look with the wider stance you're looking for
I'm talking about the tire itself, I already have spacers but would wider rims actually stretch out the tires ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm talking about the tire itself, I already have spacers but would wider rims actually stretch out the tires ?
If you get wider wheels and the width is still less than or equal to the max wheel width that the tire is designed to be mounted on, then yes it will

·
Super Moderator
22,490 Posts
I had 285/75-17's on stock rims and then on 8.5" pintlers and they definitely looked wider. I would think 315's would look even fatter if on wider rims as the 7.5" stock rim is pretty narrow.

·
Registered
891 Posts
They look great man and I'm pretty sure they perform great too. Those wouldn't be classified as "pizza cutters" for sure. Search that term on here and you'll see some skinny ass tires!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They look great man and I'm pretty sure they perform great too. Those wouldn't be classified as "pizza cutters" for sure. Search that term on here and you'll see some skinny ass tires!
Haha I know what those are! Thanks man! I still would like them a little bit wider though 😅

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have 305/70/17 Terra Grappler. I originally mounted them on a set of Rubicon wheels(17x8) They are now mounted on a set of Pro Comp wheels(17x9) Originally they were 33.25" tall on the Rubicon wheels and are now 33" tall on the Pro Comps. They are a little bit wider now than then. Sorry no pics that show the difference in width.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts