Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
I ran a few of them in the 90's and loved them. I think new technology has developed better tires now. Overland did a review not too long ago and they were towards the bottom.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I know all you hear about on the forums is Duratracs but it's for a reason. They are really great. Lighter than the nittos, very aggressive looking, relatively quiet, and great on/off road. I love mine.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have heard the KO2s are very comparable in terms of performance to the Duratrac but I have seen them in person and they are not aggressive looking.

·
OVRLNDR
1,803 Posts
In the Summer 2014 edition of Overland Journal the Editor's Choice AND Value Award was given to the Cooper Discoverer A/T3.
Pros:
High-speed control and predictability on dirt
Greatest range of performance
Best wet-pavement traction

Cons:
Lacks three-ply sidewall

Test was conducted using a Jeep Wrangler JKU.

I am not biased one way or the other. I am running Fuel Mud Gripper 35x13.50x20 (Open Country MT knock-off) and have to admit that it is one of the worst tires I have ran. I have owned a set of Open Country MT and although they weren't the best they were better than the Fuels. Now if you would like to buy my set of 5 so I can move to some 37x13.50 20 Kuhmo Road Venture MT's I recant my last statement and let's talk business.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Don't get the KO2's. I just got the 34x10.50r17 on today and I don't want anyone else to get them. Get Duratracs instead.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I have a co-worker that has the All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires on his lifted 4-Runner and they are very nice looking tires.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have heard the KO2s are very comparable in terms of performance to the Duratrac but I have seen them in person and they are not aggressive looking.
Duratrac is more aggressive looking?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Everyone has their own opinion but seeing the KO2 on my JK was more convincing of how aggressive they look than seeing pics of them online. The tread is 15/32 and I think the Duratrac is 17/32. I was considering the KO2 34x10.50r17, Duratrac 315/70/17 and Exo Grappler 315/70/17. I didn't want really wide tires but wanted height. I'm happy with what I have now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Assuming you are buying these for mostly on-road, I had a set of 32's on my TJ and liked them. They got clogged with mud easily, didn't care for that. I used them in Moab and they held up. They were just 'OK' in the wet, I think the Duratrac's are reported to be better in rain.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
The AT3 are nice. I just replaced the 235/85/16 front tires on the dump truck with those. They have a deep tread too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts