Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 97 tj sport, stock, no lift. I bought it late last fall and just starting to get to know it ( not a winter driver). Went in to my buddies tire store to rotate and balance tires. They were Goodyear wranglers , about half worn . Full of service cracks. Anyway, took it out for a test drive after and it had a heck of a wobble at 58mph that ran out by about 63-64. Never was there before. They put it back up on the rack and checked the balance , good. Then they "force" balanced. Made some adjustments. I took it back out and still there, slightly better. Then we checked the tire age, 10 years old. Bottom line.... tires are oka to drive around town but not fun on the highway and I plan to take it on vacation to Wyoming this summer. The jeep gets 80% of its miles on pavement, with the rest on gravel & forest service type roads, nothing to hard. My owner buddy is steering my towards the Michelin AT2 31x 10.5 15 . Mounted, balanced, disposal of old & out the door for $600. Plus I get the rebate of $70. I have stock size on now, ( along with rims). I realize I will probably need to put a washer on the steering stop to keep from rubbing. Anybody see anything wrong with the size or tire ?.

Attachments

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
31x10.50 is fine and yep a single washer under the steering stop bolts will be all you need. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts