Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dude at goodyear convinced me to go white letters out not liking it can i turn them around to black side?

·
Registered
879 Posts
you can always do it, it is just a matter of how much they will charge you

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I do mine myself with a couple of pry bars a highlift jack and the receiver of my truck, then just take them in to get balanced. Saves money but takes time and a little hard work.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
OR... you could just spray paint the white letters ;)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Just checked out your profile picture, agree with you - black out. I have the white letters out, but also have a completely different color scheme. Are those the Black Rock wheels?

Great looking Jeep.

If the Goodyear guy really pushed you into the white letters out, I'd go back and offer to "split" the $80 cost to flip the tires around. If he's a decent guy, and likes happy customers, I'm sure he'd go for it. Explain it was half your fault for listening to him in the first place. He works in a retail environment and should look at your good looking Jeep, with the smiling guy behind the wheel, will be free advertisement for him.

Good luck.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great point ill go with that idea! i paid extra to put weights on inside and they are not balanced right so ill use that as well. they are dick cepeck dc 2s . 92$ a piece good deal !!

·
Registered
435 Posts
There should he no reason to be charged extra to put stick on weights on the wheels unless the shop had to buy them because of you. If I get a customer with Chrome wheels that can have the pound on style I will opt for the sticky weights for a better look over all.

And even w/o looking at the jeep I'd say black out, very few jeeps can pull off white letters. I went white letters out once at the flip of a coin, now I know that my black jeep looks better with the black out. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
for sure! black out. going to call tomarrow. cant find to many places that will balance tire that big! ugh..

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well I know the hunter machines at work will do my 33x12.50x15s. A lot of gm trucks come with the equivalent of 33x10.50x17 or 18. But different areas have different policies I guess. Good luck.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just got off the phone with firestone tire service and he told me with a tire being that big u have to use balance bags? the weights will not properly balance and the bags will ajust to the wheel. any body ever herd of this crazy stuff?

·
Registered
92 Posts
X2 for black letter out:thumb:

They used the balancing powder bags in my Buckshot Mudder's when I bought them a few weeks ago and so far so good. Smooth ride. Make sure that they install the valve stem filters to avoid any slow leaks in the future.

Here's a link to what they used in mine. I think most shops use the same thing.

http://www.imiproducts.com/equal.html

---------

·
Registered
92 Posts
He only charged me cost for the powder because he said that it saved him labor by not having to put the tires on the spin balancer. I think he charged me $4 per tire. $20 sounds expensive unless it includes mounting.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I forgot to specify black out when I got my tires mounted, but I honestly could care less. if it really bothers you and you dont want to spend the money to get them flipped around you could
A. go mudding and not wash them off.
or
B. Get a black magic/paint marker and color them in.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I think you need to find a new tire guy. My guy had no problem balancing my 35's.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Just checked out your profile picture, agree with you - black out. I have the white letters out, but also have a completely different color scheme. Are those the Black Rock wheels?

Great looking Jeep.

If the Goodyear guy really pushed you into the white letters out, I'd go back and offer to "split" the $80 cost to flip the tires around. If he's a decent guy, and likes happy customers, I'm sure he'd go for it. Explain it was half your fault for listening to him in the first place. He works in a retail environment and should look at your good looking Jeep, with the smiling guy behind the wheel, will be free advertisement for him.

Good luck.
x2 just go talk to him...i work at Merchants tire...happens all the time and we do it for free...keeps the customer happy and returning for business

1 - 20 of 22 Posts