Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Only thing I know about them is that they are one of the heaviest tires you can buy for a street driven Jeep. That alone scares a lot of guys away.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The guy from discount tire told me they were 52lb. I am finding now they are 78, way too heavy.
Maybe he was looking at the grabber AT2.
Do you guys have a good site that shows tire weight?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have Grabber AT on my Moab and they are perfect for the beach.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wanted to install those tires on my jeep size 33' 12.5/17

However a local dealer said they are too heavy and they might damage the axel and I will need t regear the ratio as well.

I don't know what tire to get now. Might just stick with the cooper discoverer a/t for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really like the red letter General Grabbers but considering how heavy they are I am wondering what can be done to get them to work right without hurting my jeep and sacrificing power.

Please help !!!

·
Super Moderator
10,637 Posts
I have 35x12.5-17 General Grabber Red Letters

Yes, they are freaking heavy. I had to replace the factory steering rod and drag link with a Yeti setup after only 16,000 miles and add a steering stabilizer.

They also ride very stiffly. On the other hand, I can off-road anywhere and not have to worry one bit. I've done Death Valley's Racetrack three times with these tires, at sustained 30-50+ MPG without issue; we passed vehicles with flat KOs and other tires.

My 17" are E-load rated; I see these 15" are C-load rated. No doubt due to the taller side walls. But not sure what that means in terms of ride on the road and durability on the trail.

Anyway, I thought JKs shouldn't go with wheels smaller than 16 for proper clearance of the brakes, calipers, etc.

Would I recommend these tires? Only to those who take their Jeep to the trails.

Notice the shiny Fox ATS and beefy Yeti steering components

These Generals do very well in significant snowfall; so-so on icy roads

Looking for that beer

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the mopar steering stabilizer and a 3 inch lift kit by mopar as well.

No shocks.

What else should I add to make them work without facing problems?

My wheels are 17/9

Also how much power are we sacrificing?? And what shall I do to make up for it ??

Edit: Planning to add a SC in the future as well.

Please help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts