Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I'm new to the jeep world. Just bought a 2013 jeep wrangler sport s hard top. Looking at putting some larger tires on it next month. I want to get the nitto trail grapplers. Was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the largest size I can get without having to get a lift kit. I was hopping to get 33" with 18" wheel but I'm afraid they will rub. Any advice?

·
Registered
710 Posts
A lot of peeople complain about the weight of nittos and how rough they ride.. i have 285/65/18 ATs with no rub... you will akdo need an aev procal to adjust odo. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so after reading all of this iv just confused my self. so im just gonna ask a simple question and get a simple answer lol. i have a 2013 and i want to put and 18" wheel on it what kind of offset would i have to have for a 33"x12.5x18 tire. and would i need a wheel spacer or leveling kit or anything? also what tire would be best to have that aggressive look to them but have a good tread life and not be too noisy or too heavy. iv heard nitto trail grapplers are good and iv herd there bad. help?!?!

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
ok so after reading all of this iv just confused my self. so im just gonna ask a simple question and get a simple answer lol. i have a 2013 and i want to put and 18" wheel on it what kind of offset would i have to have for a 33"x12.5x18 tire. and would i need a wheel spacer or leveling kit or anything? also what tire would be best to have that aggressive look to them but have a good tread life and not be too noisy or too heavy. iv heard nitto trail grapplers are good and iv herd there bad. help?!?!
Nitto's are heavy which is why many Jeepers don't like them. They're suited more for full size trucks.

Are you planning to wheel it? Or is it mostly for looks? Just asking because you're getting 18's which aren't ideal for wheeling, but look nice. A 15 or 17 would cost less for tires. Just depends what you're going for.

For the tires, 33 X 12.5 should be fine. Suggest getting 4.5" or less backspacing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just for looks really. So what would be a good looking trail tire that has a longer life and is quiet?

·
Registered
823 Posts
cg15446 said:
If I do the 295x65 will it have the pizza cutter look? Not real sure how wide that is
No. For the "pizza cutter" look you want a smaller 1st number (the width) and a larger 2nd number (the height). Tire sizes to look into would be 255/85R17 (about 33") or 285/75R17 (about 34"). Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm trying to stat away from the pizza cutter look. I like a wider tire. What would good size be to put on with no lift and a offset wheel?

·
Registered
823 Posts
As suicide king said, no lift I would go with 33X12.5X17 or 18 or 15, or 305/70R16. It all depends on what size rim you want.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts