Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will my stock TJ fit 33x12.50r15 on wheels with a 5x5 bolt pattern? The wheels have 3.75 inch backspacing and are 19 mm offset. Will they fit?

·
Registered
304 Posts
The tj is 5 on 4.5. You will need the adapters to make the wheels fit. But since the wheels are already on a 3.75 bs, adding the adapters would put them way out there.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I don't think you will be able to clear the 33's hight wise even with well backspaced wheels. Someone can corret me if Im wrong, but pretty sure im not

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yea that's true. I read over the part that it was all stock. Yea you will need to get it up in the air a few inches to clear those 33's.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have 31's on my stock 99 and i am staying strictly on road until i get my lift installed. I think 33's COULD fit.........but if you even think bout hitting a bump they will eat your fenders. just what i've noticed

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yes. If you dont do any serious offroading. I run 31x10.5x15 on mine without a lift on stock wheels. I only rub at full turn and im not taking it offroad with that setup cuz i cant not give 'er hell when im off the road. Very mild wheeling should be fine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
brandon-99tj said:
Yes. If you dont do any serious offroading. I run 31x10.5x15 on mine without a lift on stock wheels. I only rub at full turn and im not taking it offroad with that setup cuz i cant not give 'er hell when im off the road. Very mild wheeling should be fine.
Yes second that...mild wheeling is ok with this setup

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks guys. I was thinking about powder coating the stock wheels black. The only off roading I do is the beach

·
Registered
755 Posts
You'll be fine then:)

And you could bedline instead of powdercoat. Thats how alot of guys on here go and probably what im gonna do when it warms back up

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was looking into 31x10.50r15 nitto dune grapplers on the stock wheels. Do you know where I can get some at a decent price?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I was looking into 31x10.50r15 nitto dune grapplers on the stock wheels. Do you know where I can get some at a decent price?
Discount Tire Direct I know has them.. Just under $170 per tire I think

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
Another rim option is to paint em.....autozone has rim-specific paints in several colors. That's what I did, and they've held up fine. Prep is key!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Im completly stock, running 31x10.50x15 Duratracs on Mickey Thompson Sidebiters 15x8, i get no rubbing at all, even at full turn. I havent had the chance to take them off road yet though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts