Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey CT... Best place to buy tires? Looking specifically for shops roughly between Trumbull and Norwalk. My only experience has been with Town Fair in Norwalk which frankly I've been happy with but their selection of larger tires (not huge - 285/70/17) is somewhat limited.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hey CT... Best place to buy tires? Looking specifically for shops roughly between Trumbull and Norwalk. My only experience has been with Town Fair in Norwalk which frankly I've been happy with but their selection of larger tires (not huge - 285/70/17) is somewhat limited.
Order the tires you want from the internet and then have Town Fair install.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Order the tires you want from the internet and then have Town Fair install.
Huh. Never thought to ask if they'd install tires that weren't purchased from them. I'll check prices and see.

I know that if you buy wheels from somewhere else, they will mount the rubber and balance them, but won't put them on your vehicle. At least that's their policy in the Norwalk shop.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Look for a Tread Depot or Tire Depot online, they have shops that install local
What tires are you looking at?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I recently purchased rims and tires from NTWonline. Because they were out of my state (Texas) I did not have to pay any taxes on my purchase. My purchase was over $300 so it was free shipping. I had my tires and rims by the end of the week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look for a Tread Depot or Tire Depot online, they have shops that install local What tires are you looking at?
I want a not too aggressive A/T, probably 295/70/17. Nitto Terra Grappler G2 is at the top of the list.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I bought Cooper Discoverer AT3 265/75R15 at Tire Depot in Bristol, CT got 5 for $750 mounted and balanced
Town Fair wanted $980 for 4 mounted and balanced - They say they will price match but that's a scam.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Love them, quiet. Look great. Excellent in the snow. Did a lot of research and found them the best tire for the $$ and my needs. Not a hard core off roader, but do tend to hit trails to go fishing.

Another thing to consider; Check your local high schools for shop classes, if they offer automotive classes, they will do this type of work for free or minimal charge for tire weights and valve stems. Then just go to an alignment shop. I worked at a high school and this was a great asset and missed these days.

·
Registered
819 Posts
DMESS, I've been running a set of General Grabber AT2s for a few years. They are a "commercial traction" tire, like so many of the popular "aggressive" AT tires out there. The treads are similar to the BFG All Terrain TA KO but with a better price point.

I've been very pleased with them in the light to moderate wheeling I've done with them so far (30X9.5X15 LT). I have over 50K on most of them, and plenty of tread left. The have nice on road manners, wet and dry, aren't too noisy, and look good. Caveats: 2 ply sidewalls (tore one a couple of years ago), clay/deep mud, ice/packed snow. YMMV, and invariably will...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts