Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of tires is everyone running? Im looking to replace my el-cheapo mud tires that came on it with something new. im only clearing 31 10.50s now, so im somewhat limited. i was thinking swampers but may have been swayed towards the bfg mud terrains....

anyone have any ideas to offer?

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
Definately depends what you want to do with them. If you drive on the road a ton, I would recommend the Goodyear MTR's or the BFG Muds. I got 40,000 miles+ out of a set of each. MTR's on my Rubicon, and the BFG's on a YJ. I have also heard really good things about the Interco MT's. If you are looking for an off-road only tire, the swamper TSL's or SX's are tough to beat, but I am not sure what the smallest sizes available are... Hope this at least gets you thinking in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
i run BFG at's on mine because i mostly drive on road, but they have pretty damn good off road manners for not being really aggressive. I probly got about 50-60K out of my last set, but could have done alot better had I been more adamant about balancing and rotating. and they've held up to anything i've put them through on the trail/mud hole. been very satisfied with them.

·
Administrator
12,635 Posts
I run Truxs MT's, Ride nice, only have about 300 miles on them so far, Bit a of balancing issue with my 35" size, smaller size's I hear don't have the issue. ride nice, good wet stopping etc. I have also ran, BFG AT's, which are great for the street and do decent off road. My buddy runs Bridgestone Dueler HT's, nice on the road and do decent off. thus lots to pick from. I have run TSL's bias, as well.. if you want to feel like your inside a B-17 on a bombing run as you drive down the road they are nice, off-road fantastic.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
I run MT Baja Claw Radials currently on mine and have gotten like 15k out of the half life of the tire. So not too bad. But for the size and what you want them for I would sat the MT/R is a perfect tire for you in that size.

I have seen the Trxus and think they are pretty tight, but I don't know how well they would hold up in the rocks out here.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Ed in North Ga. said:
BFG all terrains-
120,000 miles at 60psi. 1/4 tread-- stick like glue, suck in mucky mud, excellent in snow and sand...and *normal* mud.
What???? are you kidding me? :confused: You put 120,00 on a set of tires with still a 1/4 tread left? And what kind of tires are you running at 60psi? Come on. They have to be like tractor tires or something?

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I run the BFG MT's too. I love them. I did use my Jeep as a DD so I didn't want to go with something that would wear fast like the swampers. I have seen a coup,e of sets of the new Cooper mud terrain and that is also supposed to be a really good wearing tire and it looks really agressive. A lot of tread on the side walls. I will be buying a bigger set of BFG's as soon as I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts