Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put bigger tires on my Jeep.. but I have no idea how to figure out what size I have and what size I want. Is there a simple way to understand the numbers for tire size? Maybe it's cause I'm blonde LOL:redface:

Helpppp!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year is your jeep? If you look on the side of the tire it will tell you the size.
It's and '05 but it has the metric size thing. I don't know how to convert it and I've looked it up but it doesn't help. I was seeing if anyone knew an easier way to convert it.

·
Abe Froman
3,786 Posts
The side of your tire will have numbers that stand out it will say something like this: 225/70/15. This is a metric tire. The first number is the width in millimeters, the second is the percentage of rubber between the rim and the road of the width number and the last number is the rim diameter in inches. There are lots of sites that put that into inches for you. Once tires get big they normally use this call out: 31x10.5x15.

Try this site: http://www.extremeterrain.com/wrangler-jeep-metric-tire-conversion-calculator.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts