Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am needing some help in what tires to buy. i have found some they are mickey thompson MTZ radial tire. they look like a good tire but does anybody know how they perform off road. or on road? thanks in advanced

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i've heard some good things about mickey thompson tires...go to www.jeepreviews.com and click tires when the site comes up and there will be some reviews on the mickey thompsons....i've got the bfg muds and love them...they perform well on road and off road

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
bigjeep said:
i've heard some good things about mickey thompson tires...go to www.jeepreviews.com and click tires when the site comes up and there will be some reviews on the mickey thompsons....i've got the bfg muds and love them...they perform well on road and off road
Those reviews don't appear to be for the MTZ.. which is newer. MT tires are okay, I think a bit over priced. I have the trxus MT and it does very good both on the street and the trail.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree with bigjeep on the bfg's I know alot of people that run those and love them. I dont know anyone with trxus tires so I cant comment on those but I know the ones I have seen look cool.

I have ltb swampers and I wouldn't suggest them if your going to drive alot. I know SuperSwamper makes some radials though, but again can't comment. Good luck

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
94redwrangler said:
well i am needing some help in what tires to buy. i have found some they are mickey thompson MTZ radial tire. they look like a good tire but does anybody know how they perform off road. or on road? thanks in advanced
What are you using your Jeep for? Do you use it 90+% of the time on the road? If so, you won't find a better tire for the money than MTR's. After running BFG M/T's, ProComp Xterrains, BFG All Terrains, and Goodyear MTR's, I have been the happiest with the MTR's. I got 45K miles out of the last set of 31's and am very happy with the way the 35's have worn so far. If you are looking for just a street tire, you will be happy with the Mickey Thompson MTZ's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
jeeperman said:
What are you using your Jeep for? Do you use it 90+% of the time on the road? If so, you won't find a better tire for the money than MTR's. After running BFG M/T's, ProComp Xterrains, BFG All Terrains, and Goodyear MTR's, I have been the happiest with the MTR's. I got 45K miles out of the last set of 31's and am very happy with the way the 35's have worn so far. If you are looking for just a street tire, you will be happy with the Mickey Thompson MTZ's.
I agree MTR's are the way to go.

·
Registered
541 Posts
jeeperman I know you like the MTRs but what were the pros and cons of the Xterrains? I am looking at a set of those. I found them cheaper than the MTRs. I mostly do street driving but I want a tire to perform for me offroad when i need it. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been running BFG M/Ts for several years. I love the way they work off road but I am replacing them at a very fast rate on my daily driver. My next set will be MTRs. Everyone that is running them, and they all outlast mine.
I have several friends that run the Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires, (Good tire) but I can not help you if you are set on the MTZ's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts