Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sports edition 4.0 5speed, but my question is, what tires should I get? I want them to be good in mud, good at climbing, good with off road conditions, good at handling rocks, but still be good on city and highway roads?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I'm looking to get a 1997 Jeep Wrangler Sports edition 4.0 5speed, but my question is, what tires should I get? I want them to be good in mud, good at climbing, good with off road conditions, good at handling rocks, but still be good on city and highway roads?
You are about to get a ton of imput.

My personal favorite All Terrain tires are BFGs. They are alright in mud, good in just about everything else, and are best in sand. Also, they have pretty tough sidewalls which is nice if you are on rocks. As far as on road, they are very quiet and have a pretty long life.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh god.. Idk haha never thought of that... I'm not sure what DD is? Way you could walk me through some stuff and maybe I could decide
Haha? Size? Not sure i would like some big bulky ones just cause I think they look very nice with jeeps

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do want both. I want them to be good with of road stuff but be able to handle road conditions too. As far as lift I'm not totally sure it depends on how tall it is when I get it. I haven't found one just yet

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
I do want both. I want them to be good with of road stuff but be able to handle road conditions too. As far as lift I'm not totally sure it depends on how tall it is when I get it. I haven't found one just yet
You can do a lot with a Jeep lifted only 2". Same with stock or anything higher.

If you give us a lift height you may want, we can match the tire size pretty easily. For example, a 4" lift fits nicely with 33" tires

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

1 - 8 of 8 Posts